cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't Ebay Do A System Restore By Now?

The analogy is a good one.  When your personal computer becomes infected with malware, malicious programs and corrupted files, often times the best solution is to do a full system restore - to return your device back to a previous state.

Ebay's has it own versions of malware, malicious programs and corrupted files - in the form of disastrous and unfair  policies as well as armies of scam sellers and buyers alike that have come in an infected Ebay's markets.  All of this has combined to severely inhibit performance for most of Ebay's customers (the sellers) as well as the sellers' customers (the buyers). 

How much worse does it have to get before Ebay will return to what actually works?  They need to do a company wide system restore - return Ebay back to it's original state as much as possible.  This is the only way forward if Ebay wants to thrive once again.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Shouldn't Ebay Do A System Restore By Now?

Sellers were just as favored by circumstance then as buyers are now. Undoing a transaction is not buyer-centric, it is contract law. If eBay really were buyer-centric, they would never require returns but would just reimburse the buyer using seller money.

Undoing the transaction is the only recourse when EBay cannot tell who is truthful and has to rely on aggrieved parties for information. Buyers pay shipping on remorse returns. Sellers pay on SNADs because buyers should not be out of pocket if the seller breached the contract.

There are a lot of **bleep** things eBay does to buyers too, like hiding the feedback button on a return. It’s all a matter of balance and with sellers being deemed the professional party they carry any burden. That’s the way contracts work. That doesn't mean eBay likes buyers better. As I’ve always said, they like buyers’  MONEY better and the current approach makes the most money.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@carbonart0 wrote:

Ebay worked great 10 years ago and back.

Sellers weren't crooked and neither were buyers  - largely because feedback stuck and Ebay hadn't gotten greedy yet.

They were both crooked even then, you personally just didn't see it

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@carbonart0 wrote:

Trying to revise what happened again I see.

Ebay sent me a refund and then arranged with PP to erase it.

Malarkey 

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

While a full destructive recover works well for wiping one's computer clean and bringing it back the childlike state of an infant ready to be taught everything from scratch, I don't think that that could be done to eBay business plan.  The policies adopted by eBay are not simply programming issues that can deleted by a reformatting command.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

@carbonart0 wrote:

... - return Ebay back to it's original state as much as possible.  

You need to accept that the past is history, it's gone, not likely to be revived.

What remains for eBay, is the present & moving into the future, history yet to be made.

We exist & should accept living in the present

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

After reading Jordan's answers the other day, I have the impression that some of the changes we don't like are not going away. It is what it is, and we each have to decide how we are going to work our business within the rules of Ebay.
Message 36 of 36
latest reply