cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel an order at dell official store

I've just made an order 

And the item has not been shipped.

Now, I changed my mind and want cancelled it.

1. They show me phone number  to request a cancellation. Actually, they told me that, they don't know, and transfer me to dell.com.

2. I went to dell support and they drove me to ebay and said that only ebay can help.

Whats wrong with me????

How can I request a cancellation?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can request a cancellation from your eBay seller, not from the manufacturer.  The seller does NOT have to accept your request.  You bought it, you paid for it, it belongs to you. 

Now, if it doesn't arrive by the last estimated delivery date, you can open an Item Not Received claim, but if it shows up while the claim is in progress, you will not win the claim. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

As @myboardid posted, sellers on eBay are not obligated to cancel a transaction. If you contacted them through eBay messaging (using the "Contact seller" link), and they did not cancel your purchase, you are obligated to complete the transaction.

Based on the seller's return policy, you'll have 30 days to file a request to return the item when you receive it. You will be required to pay return shipping. Don't open the package--just file for the return and, assuming it's accepted (again, based on the seller's 30-day return policy), buy return postage WITH TRACKING, mail it back, and you'll be refunded for the purchase price when the seller receives the item.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

You can request a cancellation from your eBay seller, not from the manufacturer.

*The OP bought it from Dell on eBay, so the manufacturer was the seller.*

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
Did you already request a cancellation through the contact seller portal? There is nothing wrong with cancelling if it is asked before the shipping process, though PayPay now seems to keep their share, but Dell may be a different cow in that respect.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

But the person handling the eBay account for Dell has the power to accept or deny a cancellation.  It doesn't have to be presented to the board of directors!  OP evidently got the runaround when trying cancel.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Totally agree.

Just trying to say (clumsily, perhaps) that the manufacturer and the seller were the same, meaning, it wasn't just an individual seller like you or me selling that brand of equipment. But, certainly, whoever handles the eBay seller account would have the power to cancel a transaction, if that was approved "company" policy. So, yes, you're correct--it ultimately comes down to an individual (following company policy).

The OP doesn't say where s/he got the company phone number, but, clearly, that was not the way to go for trying to cancel an eBay transaction. I wonder what transpired there . . .
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I made a request in after more than 1 hour. Then I had to contact them, but got no answer.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The phone number show at "contact seller phone number" at the cancellation page.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Well, bottom line is, the seller isn't obligated to accept your cancellation. You'll have to request a return when you receive the purchase.

The good news is, it looks like your seller has free 30-day returns, so you should be okay . . .

Good luck!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply