cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't let me buy items from them

Hi all - I am having the weirdest experience. There is a seller with beautiful jewelry. When I try to buy an item I get the message "This seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you". I have messaged the seller several times to no avail. I have no idea why this is happening and do not recall any other interaction with this seller.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Typically that message indicates that the seller has specifically blocked your account from bidding or buying, and the seller may not be seeing messages from you either, if those are blocked as well.

This may be the result of a past interaction with that seller, or from making an offer or asking a question. Possibly the seller has more than one account and you interacted with another account. Or it may even be the result of a mistake.

The seller is not required to explain or reconsider.

Find another seller to do business with.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That seller doesn't want your business, but I'm sure you can find another who does.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Perhaps unpaid item strikes. Two or more within a year will result in a block from most sellers.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@sltom6 wrote:

Perhaps unpaid item strikes. Two or more within a year will result in a block from most sellers.

@sltom6 

The buyer is told the reason for the block when the issue is unpaid items.  [Same with PO Box issue, foreign country exclusion, etc.]

The wording of the message indicates that the seller specifically put OP’s Username on their BBL.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi @sbarrow99 

These are some of the reasons I’ve seen mentioned for a buyer being put on a seller’s Blocked Bidders List:

* Buyer retracted a bid on seller’s auction.

* Buyer requested a cancellation.

* Buyer requested a return.

* Buyer left bad feedback for the seller … OR other sellers.

* Buyer posted concerning

message(s) in the Community.

* Buyer is also a competitor seller.

* Buyer contacted seller with a question that raised a red flag.
* Buyer’s Username is disturbing.

* Buyer’s Username is on some outside ‘beware list’.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

@sltom6 wrote:

@sltom6 

The buyer is told the reason for the block when the issue is unpaid items.  [Same with PO Box issue, foreign country exclusion, etc.]

The wording of the message indicates that the seller specifically put OP’s Username on their BBL.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was the case when unpaid strikes was the reason. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The bottom line here is that a seller can block you for ANY reason.  It could just be a gut feeling they have.

They don't need to justify their actions in that realm.  It's one of very, very few things a seller has control over on this site, and that list seems to get shorter on a daily basis. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Just move on, find something to purchase from another seller

Good manners dictate that you

do not continue to contact this seller

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Typically that message indicates that the seller has specifically blocked your account from bidding or buying, and the seller may not be seeing messages from you either, if those are blocked as well.

@eburtonlab 

When a seller blocks a buyer- communication is AUTOMATICALLY blocked (there is NO longer a choice)

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I asked a honest ligetiment.question about a item....did nothing wrong now seller blocked me that's nefarious..and is probly why they blocked me ..I buy on Amazon, ebay alot never had issues..except with automotive parts wich will never do again ..as they are 98.5 percent aftermarket or fake..if the seller in my original question wich was not automotive.  Wouldn't answer he must be shady..was going to buy 2 of that product?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply