cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller used a Fake FEDEX tracking number to show Delivered status on Purchased item

Hi, 2 weeks ago, I bought an item, total with tax $7.22. it is a very small Digital alarm clock, the Seller used a Fake FEDEX tracking number to show Delivered status on my Purchased item. I then checked the feedback, and this Seller has several (24) Negative Feedbacks in the last year, and a few Neutral Feedbacks ( about 10), for sending "Sent to Wrong Address" reasons from the seller, that the orders were never delivered, which I received the same reply, when I complained to the seller. Now I have a case open, to get my full refund back (item was never delivered)...my question, Has anybody ever heard of a scammer using a fake Tracking number before?...this is all new to me. Thank you for any help. or replies....I have still not received a refund, after about of 10 requests from me -to refund the money on a not delivered item.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Seller used a Fake FEDEX tracking number to show Delivered status on Purchased item

Too bad you didnt check his feedback before your purchase. Yes, the fake tracking scan comes up here occasionally. Idk what kind of case you filed, but if it was item not received, the seller will win by producing the tracking delivery.Or if you paid with a cc, try for a chargeback. If you can get a statement from FedEx that it was not delivered to you, you can file an appeal, good luck.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As bonjourami states, DEFINITLY check feedback before you hit the pay button.  As it stands now, you have to jump through some hoops with Fedx to prove you didn't receive the item, if you opened a INR case.

It's a lot of work for seven bucks, but that's probably what the seller is counting on.   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion...I have never been scammed like this before...so the scammer knows this, and will continue to collect money, for un-shipped items. apparently, I can not not call eBay, or contact them anymore- as well...no Customer service anymore...its gone. so is my money...wow

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Some excellent advice for dealing with false tracking information of various kinds can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/what-do-I-do-if-I-never-received-my-package-but-tracking-shows/...

Generally it is much easier to avoid buying from sellers that are likely to provide false tracking that it is to get a refund in a fake tracking situation.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

FedEx...I don't think would ship something that cheap and small or even a seller by the way.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

yesterday, on October 31st, I just got refunded the full amount of $7.22. three days before, I called eBay and spoke to someone, and then 12 hours later, the seller refunded(eBay must have sent a threat message to seller, after I spoke to eBay)...but it took another 3 days to see it in my bank account. Funny thing is, I can not leave any type of feedback, for the seller, to warn any potential future buyers...but I did see 4 NEW negatives (totaling 27 Negs in the sellers feedback page) that were fresh feedback from recent buyers.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply