cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller re-listed item I already paid for because he wanted more money

DCFE70F8-7663-4129-8441-D7819A414239.png

A465D596-A729-414F-AF95-88FD540DD342.png

I purchased a buy it now option item.  And immediately paid for it. The seller sent a few messages insuring he would send it “the next day” I wasn’t concerned at first but then went back to his seller page to discover he has re-listed the same item as a bid. I messaged him to ask if it had shipped and also told him I noticed his new similar listing.  Here is the rest of our conversation. What should I do?  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is against ebay policy. I would report him and leave a negative feedback mark explaining what he is doing. You can report the other listing as it violates the duplicate listing policy on ebay

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sellers are obligated, in general to cancel an order. However, that should have not been done. I would assume the seller canceled with a false reason to get no repercussions and relist the item.

As a buyer, you can still leave feedback for the seller. I would avoid insults or anything rude. Keep it honest and professional. Do not forget to report the seller. They can be banned for abusing cancelation reasons

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

Also OP I am personally sorry about this. On the bright side, there are better sellers out there that would love your business *hint hint* (lol im joking)

Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

He has not canceled the original order yet he is waiting to see if he gets a better price on his new bid auction first, so basically I am stuck waiting for him to decide to cancel it and refund my money or ship it to me because his auction didn’t work out, can I report his second listing as a scam? I would rather have him ship me my item because it was a good deal, even if that means putting up with this mess

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That is against ebay policy. I would report him and leave a negative feedback mark explaining what he is doing. You can report the other listing as it violates the duplicate listing policy on ebay

Used to be panda75654
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

F87558B0-A65E-44FD-983F-BD9D159337A1.jpeg

 I’ll probably never get my item now and have to get a refund through eBay or paypal or my credit card company either way it was worth it  to hopefully prevent someone else from falling for a good deal. (he now has a new 2nd listing as a BIN for $50 more than my original one) 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

This guy won't be selling on ebay long doing stuff like that. Do what the panda suggested. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I reported his two new listings as duplicate is their a way to report an actual seller or account? I’ve used eBay off and on for years haven’t come across something like this yet 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If you do not get your money back and ebay won't help you, you can do a chargeback. 

Used to be panda75654
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

E005F6C7-BF94-4CEB-853A-126169CCA1FB.jpeg

I just wanted to update everyone, after he tried to get more money from a 2nd and 3rd listing (and failed) , he actually shipped the item, however he has already gotten negative feedback from me, and his user account has been reported to eBay for his shenanigans through the link that downunder provided.  for thank you everyone for the help/advise. Now I just have to hope the product actually works when it arrives (fingers crossed)  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If I answered your question,,,,,,

@whattheactualfox  don't you think it's a bit cheeky to beg for the OP to mark your answer as  '"Accept for solution" just because you replied to their question?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Beg?

Lol no need for rudeness. If I answered (correctly) OP can, it also helps new users in the event they see a solution they like

I am not saying OP should automatically accept what I say as a solution, but this helps "close the form" so nobody answers the question again and again.

Used to be panda75654
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Tbh, I can't believe he tried again and again. Karma got him good 😉

Used to be panda75654
Message 14 of 14
latest reply