cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding to dispute and it's been 6 days already

I received a broken TV, and I had to file a chargeback, the seller not responding to the dispute, he didn't accept nor challenged the dispute even though eBay says that the seller has only 5 days to respond. and it's 6 days already.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller not responding to dispute and it's been 6 days already

@nomoi_2 

If you filed a chargeback with your funding source, then there is nothing that can be done through Ebay.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@nomoi_2 

Why did you file a chargeback and not an INAD claim?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Did you file a chargeback with your payment source or did you open a not as described return on eBay? If you opened a case here, eBay gives the seller three business days to respond. If they don't, on the fourth business day you have to go back to the case and ask eBay to step in.

If you actually did a chargeback with your payment source eBay will longer be able to help you.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If you filed a chargeback instead of waiting for an INAD claim to follow through,  you did yourself a disservice. 

following the procedure of filing for an item not received would have saved you the frustration of a non- communicative seller AND would have gotten your money back faster. 

now, you are at the mercy of your bank… and that is an “IF” at best.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Can you supply more details as to WHETHER OR NOT you opened an INAD claim with EBay, because it is confusing and leading me to assume you didn’t  and are dealing with a CS suggestion or strictly through messaging the seller rather than following correct procedure.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'm new to eBay, and I did open a chargeback dispute from my bank institute then I contacted eBay and they told me that they can't help me, but the said that the seller has only 5 days to either respond to the dispute, either a refund or challenge. and its been 6 days already and he did not respond to the dispute case.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I'm new to eBay, and I did open a chargeback dispute from my bank institute then I contacted eBay and they told me that they can't help me, but the said that the seller has only 5 days to either respond to the dispute, either a refund or challenge. and its been 6 days already and he did not respond to the dispute case.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I filed a dispute chargeback for item arrived damaged. I'm new to eBay and I didn't know what to do. But after I filed a dispute chargeback with Paypal, eBay told me they can't help me at all. but they told me that the seller has only 5 days to respond to the dispute, either with a refund or challenge the dispute. and till today it's been 6 days already and he didn't respond at all.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hi @nomoi_2 

Since you opened a chargeback with your bank … eBay is not involved with the refund.

You need to stick with your bank with questions you have about procedures.  Contact your bank and ask them what you need to do now.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you to replying.

when you filed the chargeback, you negated any help that EBay provides under the MBG.

regardless of how many days eBay says the seller has to respond to your case, it is not under anyone’s control other than your financial institution. 

At least now, going forward you will know to read and closely understand the Money Baxk Giarantee procedure and use THAT before going to your bank in any dispute. A chargeback is a LAST RESORT measure, and should only be used as such. Your bank will also be less cooperative if those become a habit.

take the time to read the terms of the MBG before your next purchase. This one is in the books, unfortunately.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Pardon the typos in my post above. Autocorrect and lack of reading glasses leads to nowhere good…🤪

and to reinforce my message to the OP…. eBay offers great protection in the event a transaction goes bad, and your first move should be to have eBay handle an eBay purchase.

your bank also provides protection but it is conditional and also most institutions will only allow you to have a few before they start sanctioning YOU, so they must be used sparingly and wisely.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Please read this before you stick another seller with a chargeback.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 13
latest reply