cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding to arrange pick up of item bought

HI all, 

I have purchased a second-hand item with local pick up only. I have paid for the item immediately upon the post finishing via Paypal. That was 5 days ago. I have sent a message every day asking for pick up details with no response at all. I have never had this problem before. I am still wanting the item, but can't seem to get a response from the seller.. Very frustrated - not sure where to take this... TIA for any advice offered.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller not responding to arrange pick up of item bought

Did the listing suggest payment by paypal or other means prior to pickup?

EBay, by having this 'paypal' or other electronic means of payment attached to 'Local Pickup Only' listings enables this trap for buyers and more so sellers when the funding method for paypal is from a Credit Card.  The buyer can claim no service provided to CC provider and get 'charge back"refund, long after they have taken the item away.

For me it's Cash Only on Local pickup Only every time.

Simple and easy: Inspect item > happy > pay > go home. Seller happy > no fees for paypal or fees added to FVF on the postage component of the sale > cash in hand.

Done deal.

Anyhow,  Remedy to this one?  

Looks like you best contact seller again telling you intend to recover paypal funds forwarded. Don't wait for reply. Then contact eBay Customer Support seeking their advice... which will probably be seek refund via paypal.

Remember - Cash Only on Pickup Only.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Contact customer support, advise that payment has been submitted, seller is unresponsive for 5 days to emails requests to arrange pick up of item bought.

Request seller telephone contact information.

Perhaps seller is unwilling or unable to complete the transaction ?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@harana1,

Read the info in the link below, it will tell you how to get a seller's contact info including a phone number.  If you can't contact the seller that way, then use the follow on info.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/contacting-seller?id=4021

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply