cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

Message 1 of 74
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

Wow, really? A buyer asking question, no matter the issue, is a potential customer. A polite this is my preferred shipping method to speed items and provide higher insurance would suffice. Sometimes buyers ask questions to see if a seller is responsive as a way of judging if they should buy from them.

Shipping costs are high now, along with increasing costs of goods, so buyers are sensitive to shipping costs.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 32 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Re: Seller blocked me for asking for cheaper shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping

@randall.nova,

Sellers can block any buyer for any reason they choose to there is not a list of reasons why they can block.

Asking a seller to change their shipping method to a cheaper one can be a red flag to many sellers. Especially, if the item is fragile or prone to damage from rough handling.   A buyer asking for a lower cost shipping method is another red flag, because those who complain about a few dollars savings, are likely to be more problematic. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 74
latest reply

Priority shipping comes with insurance and is much quicker.  Sellers get a lot of complaints about slow shipping, something that is out of their hands.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 74
latest reply

I have to give your seller a big round of applause......hooray hooray

@randall.nova 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 74
latest reply

if you're not aware eBay has phased out Parcel Select labels.

Message 5 of 74
latest reply

Hmm did you ask before or after the sale???

If you dont like the shipping it is best to just move on...

Oh and they can and will block users they believe maybe, and or are a problem. Nothing you can do about it.

Message 6 of 74
latest reply

The negative you left for another (or same?) seller for not changing their shipping method was unfairly given.  The seller is in charge of shipping methods NOT buyers.  As mentioned, Parcel Select Ground is being phased out and some sellers can't even choose that as a shipping method.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 74
latest reply

As a seller, someone asking too many questions varies by the item selling price. One buyer kept asking me questions on a $15 hat, and most answers were in the photos. I gave up and blocked him, and then he messages to say he can't bid.  It's just a gut feeing. Only done it twice.

Message 8 of 74
latest reply

Some sellers already have their items packaged. I sell with 2 names and I do NOT give my buyers the option.  I won't even finish reading an email asking me to switch the shipping method. Parcel select/post can be too slow.  Ebay penalizes sellers too if the items take too long to arrive. The longer shipping time is not good for fragile items.   Plus there is free 50 dollars (100 if printed online ) of insurance.

In the future, if you do not agree with the shipping method/price, move on to another seller.

I will add that I am sure a few readers here have added your name to the their blocked buyer list.

Message 9 of 74
latest reply

There is no red flag for asking a polite question within ebay rules about cheaper shipping options.  Shipping questions are, in fact, a  permissible designated question on the seller contact list.  Most sellers on ebay are perfectly fine with me asking shipping questions and state in their ads to ask shipping questions prior to making a purchase, which I did in this case.  This is a free nation and I have a Constitutional right to free speech.  The other side of the coin is I don't have to buy from that seller who blocked me because I asked a shipping question.  In this tight inflationary economy, no seller can afford to be so arrogant as to run away a potential buyer to purchase their gently used goods because the buyer asked a shipping question.  A seller who runs off buyers will not be in business long on ebay.  I was actually going to buy the damaged classic car radio item which was listed for parts and I have a 100% positive feedback rating over 12 years.  US Postal Service Parcel Select in my experience only runs a couple of days behind Priority Mail and is a lot less expensive.  The only negative feedback I have ever given is when a seller cancelled my purchase without my permission and lied about it to ebay after I paid and then blocked me so that he could relist the item at a higher price, which he did, and he got caught by ebay.

Message 10 of 74
latest reply

I have no problems with shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping which usually only runs 2 days behind USPS Priority Mail for a lot less money.  It is a total waste of good money to pay more to ship a non-perishable item.  Many of the sellers I buy from offer shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping and I have had great results with that type of shipping.

Message 11 of 74
latest reply

Applause for what, losing me as a paying customer?  I was going to actually purchase the item and simply asked a shipping question about shipping me a very heavy car radio by a cheaper method before I purchased the item.  I would have no problem paying your $5 shipping price for a used wristwatch.  

Message 12 of 74
latest reply

USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping is still very much alive on ebay as a shipping option.  Many of the sellers I purchase items from offer shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping.  USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping is a very economical and reliable shipping method and it can also be purchased directly through the USPS and through many shipping services including paypal.

Message 13 of 74
latest reply

I did ask about the shipping of the damaged, very heavy classic car parts radio by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping in two emails over two days before I was going to purchase the item.  The seller never gave me the courtesy of a response and blocked me without a purchase ever having been made.  Had I gotten a response of yes or no on whether USPS Parcel Select shipping was offered, I was going to buy the item regardless of the answer.   I, conversely, also do not have to buy from a seller who blocks me.  I have been on ebay a long time with 100% positive feedback.  In this inflationary economy, a seller cannot afford to run off potential buyers or the seller is going to be out of business very soon.

Message 14 of 74
latest reply

USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping is very much alive on ebay and can also be purchased directly through the USPS, many online shipping services and paypal.  The one negative feedback had nothing to do with shipping by USPS Parcel Select Ground shipping which that seller was offering, by the way.  This seller got no feedback from me since the sale was never consummated.

Message 15 of 74
latest reply