cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Never Shipped Book Lot, Claimed Items out of Stock, then Relisted at Twice the Price.

I recently bought four books from a seller on a buy 3, get 1 free offer. I'd bought from them many times and they had over 1 million feedback. Estimated arrival date came and went. I was surprised not to have gotten them and checked my account. The seller had not even shipped them! I messaged them. The next day they cancelled the order and gave me a refund, saying they were "out of stock." That was a lie. They had relisted at least one book at twice the price I paid. Not only did they say all four were out of stock, they ignored me until I complained two weeks later. I was able to leave a negative review but it was hard to figure out how to do that, since the seller cancelled the order and it didn't show up on my account as a purchase. If I hadn't complained, they would have just taken my money, giving me nothing. Their automated system then offered to sell me the book at the higher price- 5% "discount." Smh.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Seller Never Shipped Book Lot, Claimed Items out of Stock, then Relisted at Twice the Price.

Sorry, canceled orders cannot leave feedback. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Seller Never Shipped Book Lot, Claimed Items out of Stock, then Relisted at Twice the Price.

Absolutely NOT true.  You can't leave feedback on ebay removed listings, but seller cancelled, yes you can.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This isn't about the feedback. I'm irate because the seller ignored my purchase until I complained a full two weeks later, then lied about being out of stock of all four books so they could sell the items at twice the price and also not honor their own discount. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you have any lawyer friends, 

I would be curious if you could sue the seller for breach of contract. 

Otherwise, you probably have no recourse. 

Still frustrating. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

On eBay it's best to be an informed, & vigilant buyer.

There is always a risk of having some,  hopefully not manny, unhappy buying experiences, shopping eBay.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You absolutely CAN leave feedback for an item that a seller cancelled on you.  Here's how:

1. Go to summary

2. Click "My eBay" and you will see your User ID/User name.

3. Click the feedback number beside your User name.

4. Locate "Your purchases awaiting feedback" then click "see all"

5. Go to the search bar and type in the item number. Then press enter.

6. Leave appropriate feedback.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

yes you actually can...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply