cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Cancelled item, lied to eBay and blocked me and eBay does NOTHING

lilycarver
Scout

I have been buying on eBay for 20 years ( I even sold years ago) I won an auction and to be honest got swamped and confused ( I bought a bunch in a week) and had failed to pay for item for 6 days, seller did NOT contact me or file a non payment ( I would have paid immediately I have over 2,000 feedback) instead they told ebay I HAD cancelled the sale and then blocked me from contacting them, I called the moronic eBay Customer (NON) service got the typical heavily accented idiot who said I could file a complaint against seller which I can NOT do because they sale is closed.  The service person can see all my and sellers messages and knows I never contacted the seller or cancelled the order. I know sellers bear the brunt of eBay's incompetence but this is why the ONLY things I buy on eBay are off beat and rare, I would never buy anything new on eBay, that is for competant places like Amazon

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Seller Cancelled item, lied to eBay and blocked me and eBay does NOTHING

Ill add to this perspective by saying sometimes sellers just are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  There are buyers who get upset about being messaged about items that are unpaid and there are definitely buyers who get upset about unpaid item cases being opened.  The seller may think handling the non payments this way is the better path to take if they've had any of those experiences

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Huh, the OP has 139 positive in the past year....good buyer, deadbeat??? What am I missing. Where do you get that.

Just wondering.

@1tuna wrote:

.............general reply............

I am sorry you did not get your item .......20 years and you finally  skipped a payment.you said it yourself.you were swamped and  confused.so confused you forgot to pay.it happens to the best of us.

you cant take this one back..all of your feedback means squat when you fail to pay.....thats what happened

the seller ran into a deabeat.that would be you

keep on selling

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

there is a lot of canceling going on.........sometimes I feel like saying  "who told you to cancel"

canceling is often abused because to them the NPB process is to slow or just not for them.I rarely ever cancel a sale.My list of who is eligible for a NPB always has at least 6 bidders on it.most of them are people who do run a tab with me over a couple of weeks.

many sellers who are beginners get stiffed and want to relist quickly.NPB process impinges on that or what I call recycle time. 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Well with the seller waiting six days a non paying case could have been opened and closed in that amount of time so wouldn't have really saved time in this situation.  I have seen sellers who just cancel after two days instead of filing non payment they definitely want to try to skip the process to save time and relist asap 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I don’t know.

Being “confused” really doesn’t seem like a good excuse.

I personally think perhaps you should only bid on the amount of auctions you can easily keep track of so you don’t run into this confusion problem again.

That way you don’t get upset over something like this and you don’t aggravate the seller.

Patriotism…is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. -Adlai Stevenson
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

The seller did not want the hassle of a buyer that did not bother paying.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Its a LONG story and partly to do with bad wifi and not like I can go out and go online somewhere else.

However I had limited access on my phone to check emails but did not want to pay ( don't have apps on phone etc). The point is if they had contacted me directly I could have done something, instead they lied, BLOCKED ME FROM CONTACTING THEM , relisted the item and clearly made a deal with another bidder ( they had literally never used "buy it now"  for any auction).

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Well they should either contacted me or cancelled it saying " non-payment" not that I cancelled it. I also don't get why eBay does not require confirmation from buyer in these cases. I have been asked twice by sellers to cancel because of a mix up on their end and I agreed.

However it gets more interesting. I filed my first ever seller complaint but of course heard nothing BUT the seller actually left me positive feedback??????? which means I can leave them negative feedback and write what happened.  i am extremely upset but probably won't do it. They are not a big seller ( about 240 feedback) and despite everything I don't want to really screw them but it is tempting.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@lilycarver wrote:

I have been buying on eBay for 20 years ( I even sold years ago) I won an auction and to be honest got swamped and confused ( I bought a bunch in a week) and had failed to pay for item for 6 days, seller did NOT contact me or file a non payment ( I would have paid immediately I have over 2,000 feedback) instead they told ebay I HAD cancelled the sale and then blocked me from contacting them, I called the moronic eBay Customer (NON) service got the typical heavily accented idiot who said I could file a complaint against seller which I can NOT do because they sale is closed.  The service person can see all my and sellers messages and knows I never contacted the seller or cancelled the order. I know sellers bear the brunt of eBay's incompetence but this is why the ONLY things I buy on eBay are off beat and rare, I would never buy anything new on eBay, that is for competant places like Amazon

Well the seller did not contact you: their communication as well as your was lacking in this situation.

Not good for either and a cancel may have been for the best.

You can report them for the cancellation with out your consent is about it.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I agree that the seller should not have cancelled the transaction.  He should have filed a UID and given you a strike on your account if you failed to pay in the time limit allowed in the UID.  So basically, the seller cancelled and you failed to pay as required by the eBay UA.  Frankly, I'm not surprised that he blocked you.

By the way, what is it that you want eBay to do?  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@lilycarver wrote:

Its a LONG story and partly to do with bad wifi and not like I can go out and go online somewhere else.

However I had limited access on my phone to check emails but did not want to pay ( don't have apps on phone etc). The point is if they had contacted me directly I could have done something, instead they lied, BLOCKED ME FROM CONTACTING THEM , relisted the item and clearly made a deal with another bidder ( they had literally never used "buy it now"  for any auction).

The UA requires buyers to pay for their purchases.  Not doing violates the agreement that you made with eBay.  Personally, I would have filed a UID and blocked you myself.

Of course, non-payment for an item being sold at auction can end up with the non-paying buyer being sued for breach of contract.  However, this is usually not done because it isn't economically feasible to do so.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Also with the buy it now sold to another buyer if there were other bidders who did not win the seller can send a second chance offer to a underbidder and it will be like a buy it now.  The underbidder doesn't have to accept and I my experience rarely do.  But it is a faster way of getting money for a failed listing if they do rather than relist and wait for bidding again.  Nothing underhanded about it.  And the seller takes in less money selling to an bidder who initially didn't win at the price so cancelling you and taking the other bidders bid becomes a loss for the seller 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

BUT the seller actually left me positive feedback??????? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you should leave the seller positive feedback too ( because it is Christmas after all )  and then this unfortunate incident caused by yourself will end on a positive note. And something positive happening in 2020 can't be a bad thing, because it's been a very negative year for all of us...

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

The seller cancelled the sale, avoiding the possibly of  pinning you with an unpaid item strike (the seller had no way to know that you would have paid IF they had opened an unpaid item case) and left you positive feedback.

So you report the seller to Ebay and now want to leave that seller negative feedback.

Wow, that is really, really petty 

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

The seller is the victim .

You did not bother paying for your purchase.

And now you want ebay to chastise him and you want to leave a negative.

This is a business transaction, not a  kindergarten squabble.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply