cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Cancelled item, lied to eBay and blocked me and eBay does NOTHING

lilycarver
Scout

I have been buying on eBay for 20 years ( I even sold years ago) I won an auction and to be honest got swamped and confused ( I bought a bunch in a week) and had failed to pay for item for 6 days, seller did NOT contact me or file a non payment ( I would have paid immediately I have over 2,000 feedback) instead they told ebay I HAD cancelled the sale and then blocked me from contacting them, I called the moronic eBay Customer (NON) service got the typical heavily accented idiot who said I could file a complaint against seller which I can NOT do because they sale is closed.  The service person can see all my and sellers messages and knows I never contacted the seller or cancelled the order. I know sellers bear the brunt of eBay's incompetence but this is why the ONLY things I buy on eBay are off beat and rare, I would never buy anything new on eBay, that is for competant places like Amazon

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

So you're mad because you were irresponsible. Cool.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I was a bit overwhelmed but the seller neither contacted me nor filed an unpaid claim instead they LIED and cancelled ( and FYI ended up selling it for less) . All they had to do was contact me and I would have paid immediately in 20 years I have NEVER failed to pay for an item and in fact have 10 times the feedback of the seller

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Deleted.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

No I am very **bleep**. All the seller had to do was contact me or file a non payment which eBay requires instead they lied and told eBay I cancelled it. The only other time I had an item cancelled and absent minded seller listed an item twice and ASKED me if I would agree to cancel my order which I was happy to do. You don't get to lie and claim the seller cancelled it, not that anyone cares anymore but it would be on my record that I cancelled something I agreed to buy which I never did.  At least I know eBay customer service is as bad for buyers and selllers and while much of what I collect is rare auction type items, I need to move to other platforms like most collectors.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

"All the seller had to do was contact me or file a non payment which eBay requires instead they lied and told eBay I cancelled it."

Hi, sorry to hear you lost out on an item you obviously wanted. The seller should not have canceled as buyer requested. Just want to clarify that no seller is "required" by eBay to contact a late buyer, nor file an Unpaid Item Dispute. It would have been in his best interest to have done so. You can try reporting the seller using the link below. Scroll down to the blue box that says Report a Seller, then follow the prompts.

The call center has been spotty since the covid shutdown. In the future I recommend reaching out to customer service via eBay's Facebook page, and when bidding on multiple auctions, keep better track of your buying obligations.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

.............general reply............

I am sorry you did not get your item .......20 years and you finally  skipped a payment.you said it yourself.you were swamped and  confused.so confused you forgot to pay.it happens to the best of us.

you cant take this one back..all of your feedback means squat when you fail to pay.....thats what happened

the seller ran into a deabeat.that would be you

keep on selling

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Can't blame the seller on this one....after 6 days of nonpayment did not want anything more to do with you and cancelled you out.Some sellers don't care for nonpaying buyers even if the forget to pay by accident.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

The seller should not have to beg you for payment. If you can't remember that you bid on something, that's 100% on you.

Why report the seller? It just makes you look like a vindictive little person. The seller shouldn't have cancelled, but you should have paid asap without needing your hand held.

Oh and your xenophobia is showing in your opening post. Have a great day, and bless your heart.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Some sellers may feel they are doing you a favor by cancelling instead of filing an unpaid item.  Some are worried about the backlash of filing and think they're just better off cancelling.  I've had times where I don't pay for a day or two and I'm not sure how one gets so overwhelmed they forget...eBay made sure they reminded me constantly like annoyingly so 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Thanks and I do realize the buyer was not required to notify me but they also should not have lied and say I cancelled it.  If they wanted to cancel it the reason could have been "non payment" but NOT buyer cancelled.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Sorry but lying about why a sale was cancelled is not good. Had they not blocked me I would have explained and bought the relisted item.  I was in a super stressful time and I let it slip , you would live someone with a HUGE number of positive feedback buying multiple items a week would indicate I was reliable. I only got the original "reminder" from eBay. One reason I get confused is that I often by multiple items from the same seller that are listed a few days apart and I have made arrangements with sellers to wait an pay till all are closed. I USED to pay for all items immediately but now eBay will give seller bad rating if I pay and they don't ship ASAP even if I asked them not to as I was planning to bid on more of their items. I collect mostly old movie paper, its light weight and easy to combine, needless to say sellers don't want to ship 5 separate envelopes for $7 each anymore than I want to pay $35 shipping for  5 photos. If seller was trying to avoid "trouble" and doing me a "favor "by saying I cancelled the auction they did it wrong, I just filed my first complaint EVER in over 20 years on eBay. However we all know eBay does not give a **bleep** about buyers or sellers. I can still find good things if work really, really hard on searches but honestly its getting too stressful and even though I may pay higher prices I need to stick to more reliable and standard sites for movie material.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Xenophobia???? I attacked immigrants? The seller was not obliged to contact me though it would have been good practice, but they are not free to claim I cancelled an auction that I did not.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

, I called the moronic eBay Customer (NON) service got the typical heavily accented idiot 

--

Ok so maybe you're just racist

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I'm just telling you to see it from that perspective.  A seller who isn't paid for six days likely figured you weren't going to pay and thus wanted to cancel.  Is it a bad idea to assume that definitely but I don't believe the seller did it for nefarious reasons. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 15 of 31
latest reply