cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching a Specific Seller's Items

How do I search a specific Seller's items?

Example...I am looking for calendars. I find a seller with a calendar I like. I click the "See other items" link. Here it shows all of his items but I don't want to scroll through all of them - I want to search the word calendar. There used to be an option to do this but it's been removed a couple days ago.

I know this works for a Seller with let's say 1,000+ items. There's an option "Search all 1,000 Items. But it doesn't work for a Seller with 200.  Is it that a Seller has to have a "store"?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes; seller must have store. Some sellers have 5000 items but still don't have a store so you would still NOT be able to now 'search' their items. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'd love to hear the reasoning (if there even IS any ) for them taking away the ability to 'search' a seller's items.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Once you click  see other items link there is a space on top where you could type in calendars to see if the seller has any calendars for sale.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@josephb555 wrote:

Once you click  see other items link there is a space on top where you could type in calendars to see if the seller has any calendars for sale.

That only works in a store. You used to be able to use the Search bar when you viewed seller's other items to only search that seller's listings. But in their infinite wisdom eBay has discontinued that feature in their ongoing "improvements" to the search function.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I'd love to hear the reasoning (if there even IS any ) for them taking away the ability to 'search' a seller's items.

There is no reasoning 🙂

Just more misguided actions by eBay.  Intentional ? Unintentional?  We may never know.

Without question, the action defies logic.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@ramphead wrote:

There used to be an option to do this but it's been removed a couple days ago.  Is it that a Seller has to have a "store"?

Correct @ramphead, eBay removed that seller-specific search option from non-store accounts earlier this week.

However you can still use Advanced Search to accomplish your task. It's more steps, but do-able. At the top there's a link next to the search button, or you can bookmark this direct link:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch

Near the bottom of the page there's a "sellers" section where you can select "only show items from" then enter the seller's ID.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

It appears that ebay "improvements" only have one of 2 outcomes...

it's either "working as intended" (deliberate)

or has "unintended consequences" (aka 'oops")

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I was just about to post about this.

This has to be one of the worst **bleep** moments in eBay history.

Please God, let it be a glitch.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Yes ~ They removed the Seller Page Search if you do NOT have a Store.

Reason ~ Now you must Pay Extra for a Store ~ PER MONTH

It always comes down to Monetizing / More Money .

Removing Existing Services and then Charging the Seller Extra for that SAME Service.

Just like all Cable Companies.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi stikkpin, do you know this for a fact?  I was still holding on to hope that it was just an error and that ebay would bring back the ability to search a seller's items.  And sorry for asking but how did you find this answer.  If I see it posted on ebay I will call them and complain.  If enough of us do they may change it back.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@ramphead wrote:

Hi stikkpin, do you know this for a fact?  I was still holding on to hope that it was just an error and that ebay would bring back the ability to search a seller's items.  And sorry for asking but how did you find this answer.  If I see it posted on ebay I will call them and complain.  If enough of us do they may change it back.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks!

There is no number to call to complain. And in the 26 years I've been a member eBay has never backed off a change because people complained.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply