cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by seller (no response): How long do I wait before contacting eBay?

Hello—

I purchased a pair of sneakers for my daughter yesterday morning, and it’s becoming obvious that it was a scam. How long do I need to wait before altering eBay?

The price was suspiciously low—but with a $38 shipping fee from here within the US—and I sent a message Sunday evening inquiring about the high shipping cost and asking if the sneakers will carry eBay’s authenticity guarantee. No reply from the seller, who has a feedback rating of 24, with 23 of those being purchases. 

I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt and placed my bid on the sneakers, with the auction ending early yesterday morning and no other bids than mine. I paid instantly, but I have not received an answer to my second question to the seller about shipping time, and the sneakers are still showing a “paid” status with no shipping update. It may happen, but I’m guessing this is a scam. Do I wait a week before reporting this to eBay? Ten days? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You must file a claim within 30 days in order for eBay to help. That's  passed.

If you used PayPal go there and file a dispute.

If you didn't  use PayPal but you paid with a credit card then call the number on the back of the card and  file a chageback.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply