cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say Goodbye to eBay Bucks

It was almost 4 years ago, to the month, that eBay decided to drop eBay Bucks from 2% to 1%.  Some idiot at a desk decides 2% is too much to give to loyal buyers.

Now some idiot at a desk decides 1% is also too much to give to loyal buyers.  I wonder if it was the same person! 

I used to get around 1 special 5% eBay bucks every month.  That ended last July; in the last 7 months I've only received 2 special bucks offers.  So 1st they throttle down the 5% special eBay bucks, then they gut the program all together.

To make it even stupider on eBay's part . . . in the same email where they gut eBay Bucks program; now they give you a year to use the eBay Bucks you will no longer get.

Thanks for literally NOTHING eBay.

I am embarrassed for eBay.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Say Goodbye to eBay Bucks

Yes-siree --- No more buying sprees for me either. Nothin' "special" here anymore. So nice to wipe out my "watch list"! It was liberating!

Message 46 of 101
latest reply

Guess I’ll be shopping more on Amazon. Way to go eBay.

Message 47 of 101
latest reply

I totally agree with you!  What a huge marketing blunder on eBay's part.  Originally 2% (while not a huge amount) did make enough difference that eBay was my buying place of choice.  I routinely amassed $500 in eBay bucks every 3 months- so that shows you my buying pattern.  With the reduction to 1% (cutting in half the benefits), my buying has declined so I'm lucky to get $50 every 3 months.  That would show a 300% reduction in buying .  Now with nothing, my buying will decrease even more.  Think of it as a credit card- which one are you going to use more often?  The one that rewards you 2% on everything or one that doesn't give you anything (but their few select choices).  I think we all know the answer. 

Message 48 of 101
latest reply

@dr.fp wrote:

I have slowed my buying and switched to Amazon, more reliable 

Not sure if you've shopped on Amazon recently, but Amazon has become very overpriced and over 70% of the items are cheap Chinese knock off garbage now. Most items that cost $19.99 at your local hometown store is now at least $29.99 on Amazon, and in many cases, even much higher. The last item I purchased from our local hardware store was $29.99. When I got home I decided to check online to see if I paid too much. Amazon had the same item for a listed prices of $108.00, on sale for $54 calling it a half off sale?

I no longer buy anything on Amazon because of their outrageous prices. I actually enjoy shopping locally because it gives me a chance to get out of the house, the prices are cheaper and I like the fact that I can see, touch and smell the item before I take it home. The other advantage of shopping locally is you can take the item home with you today, not have to wait for a few weeks, and best of all, you don't have to wait 2 months for your 'So Solly, We Reship' message from some Chinese seller who never had any intention to ship your item in the first place. 

Message 49 of 101
latest reply

eBay just sent me an email, asking me to pic a solution from the replies.

Can somebody please reply with "Pull your head out and leave eBay Bugs alone!" . . . then I can pick it as a solution. 😁

Message 50 of 101
latest reply

I am one of the one's that buy because of the ebay bucks. I max out the bucks every quarter, that is a extra 2k a year for me. I will not totally stop buying from ebay but it will be tremendously  less as I can source my parts elsewhere for the same price and less hassle. Bad move eBay.  

Message 51 of 101
latest reply

That part doesn't make any sense, at least in my mind.

Message 52 of 101
latest reply

Just another reason why use Ebay less and less...

Message 53 of 101
latest reply

Just another reason why use Ebay less and less...

Message 54 of 101
latest reply

Ebay is in the sales prevention business.  Some stupid jerk off bean counter told the stupid jerk off boss that millions could be saved by discontinuing the bucks program and the stupid jerk off behind his desk agreed.  Only problem is ebay buyers and sellers aren’t stupid jerk offs but rather small business owners who watch every penny coming in and going out.  Less money to spend on shopping leads to decreases in sales.  Sellers losing business now are selling on other sites.  Ebay brass can’t figure out what the problem is?  As a result they need to make more cuts.  That’s why your phone calls get farmed out to China so all questions and complaints fall on deaf ears.  Confucius say, “Man who go through turnstile sideways at airport is going to Bangkok.  

Message 55 of 101
latest reply

Since eBay bucks is gone and an item you want to buy is the same price on amazon who would you buy from? I hope eBay is smart enough to realize they will loose a lot of royal buyers.

Message 56 of 101
latest reply

Pull your head out and leave eBay Bugs alone!

Message 57 of 101
latest reply

This sucks, I was using the Amazon rewards credit card for 5% back at amazon for years, But I decided to switch to eBay, so I signed up for the eBay Mastercard for 5% back (knowing that it is redeemed at 150 points per dollar as opposed to Amazon's 100 points per dollar, so dollar-wise with eBay you are actually getting only 3.33% back) - I switched because they also had bucks rewards which is 1% additional every day, and 5% every now and again, so nearly 5% back every day and sometimes 10% is a no-brainer compared to Amazon.

But now this year they end eBay Bucks and now I'm lucky to get the 3.33% and here I am with a list of items in my browser just waiting for another rewards event... They even skimped me on some rewards the last event they held because I spent like over a hundred dollars on the second day in the AM and they didn't count it...

I hope they bring it back

Message 58 of 101
latest reply

The whole point of Elliot Management getting involved with Ebay was for them to do a lot of things to IMPROVE THIS WEBSITE AND SPECIFICALLY to make their stocks good for their stockholders. The company is really cashing in on this pandemic right now. But, THE PANDEMIC FRENZY is going to end and then let us see what happens here. I hope for sure they are going to be reinvesting in this website.

Message 59 of 101
latest reply

Ever since the pandemic, bonus eBay bucks promotions have been rarely received. I think sales are strong enough with e-commerce since COVID, that eBay feels they are gaining little from offering 1% back on all purchases at this point.

Hopefully one day that changes and they reintroduce the daily 1% rewards. Would have liked to see it at least stay current at 0.5%.

Message 60 of 101
latest reply