cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules ?

I find it amusing that some sellers are so dishonest that they will ban any buyer that left them a neg, regardsless of the truth. Why does ebay allow this discrimination against the truth without investigating allegations of wrong doing   ?

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Rules ?

I'm sure I speak for the majority when I say thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I promise to give this matter the full attention it deserves.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

80 Negative
55 Neutral
8 Withdrawn (4 removed by eBay)
139 Total

Holy serial negger!
Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Why would you even want to buy something again from a seller that you had a negative experience with? 

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

@lsislanders wrote:

I honestly have never seen such hostility toward buyers in my life. Reading through some of these topic pages, seems like some sellers hate the very people who give them money. I hope none of my vendors feel this way about me. 

NO one is a buyer unless they actually pay for an item.  There are many sellers who have been left 'holding the bag' shall we say when an item, either on auction or BIN, has a potential buyer and then that bidder doesn't pay.  Then the seller is stuck having to re-list, etc.  Or the buyer who receives an item that is just as described but doesn't like it and  files a SNAD claim in order to not have to pay for the return shipping.  Or as a recent thread posted by a seller about the very expensive item that when the return was granted, received back, I believe, a towel and some wadded up paper.  Which by the way, the seller paid for the return.

Buyers have so much protection on this site from the beginning.  They can file a SNAD, an INR, etc. within a short period of time and get their money back.

It isn't so much hostility towards buyers as it is the sellers protecting their own backs. Many of the sellers on here are single person entities.  They aren't big box stores or huge volume sellers that can absorb these return costs.

Plus what you read on these threads is only a minute fraction of the transactions that go on daily that proceed perfectly.

The ones posting on these threads are sellers that have been financially harmed by potential buyers and buyers that have had some difficulties with sellers.

In both cases, buyer and seller, there may very well be hostility.  And some of it well earned.

In, most likely, 95% of the issues, the buyer is almost guaranteed to get their money back. 

If they follow the rules, it might even be closer to 100%.

But there is absolutely no way, that I am aware, that a seller has that type of protection.  They are being forced to pay for returns even if the issue was through no fault of the seller.  And if they don't accept returns, E-bay, in many cases, will just take the money from the seller and refund the buyer, letting the buyer keep the item.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

If I end up leaving a neg for a bad/dishonest seller (there have been more than a few this past two months),  I don't care if they block me because there's a good bet I wouldn't want to buy from them again anyway.

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

IMO what Ebay needs to investigate is buyers that seem to have so many problems buying

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@highlow72-10

IMO what I believe is we need an independent investigation as to why Ebay over the years has had so many problems running this as a credible business.Smiley LOL

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

You made me LOL!

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@highlow72-10

I find it amusing that some buyers are surprised that they get blocked.

Imagine being a seller & seeing all the proof that a potential buyer could cause problems for you as they have for so many other sellers. Now ask yourself this: "Am I willing to take a chance with this buyer?"

A smart seller will answer their own question with a very loud and heartfelt "No way!"

It is one of the few protections left for sellers.

IMO what Ebay needs to investigate is buyers that seem to have so many problems buying.

I agree.

Today I will not judge.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

" ... usually when a buyer negs a seller, the buyer is not going to want to do business with that seller again, so really, it is immaterial. "

Ebay cannot force a seller to sell, nor can they force a buyer to buy.  You have a privilege to buy on Ebay, but not a right, as a seller can withdraw that privilege.

Apparently, there are many because the discussion boards are loaded with buyers who got upset because the seller they had an issue with has now blocked them. It seems to me the only way they would know this has happened is if they had tried to buy something else from that same seller. The buyers are certainly free to feel that way in either case and as I said in my previous post as well, the seller is also free to provide access to their listings or not. Let freedom ring. It is quite simple, isn't it?

Energy flows where attention goes.

Today I will not judge.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply