cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to woodenframe's post "sellers abusing Make an offer"

There were no reply buttons on woodenframe's post (title above) about make an offer being a ploy or scam, so I couldn't comment. Please look at my feedback page. I've been selling here since 2005 and was happy to find make an offer an option I can provide for buyers. What you'll see is lots of sales where people made offers I accepted. 

I get frustrsted when I make an offer that is not accepted, too. Usually it is on an item in demand that there is no reason to sell for less.  I also get lots of discounts from making offers.

You got lots of good comments about eBay policy so I won't repeat. Just please don't apply how ever many experiences you had globally. It's not true for me, as a buyer or seller, and it's not true for scores of others.  🙂 kathi

I'll PM OP this link

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Response to woodenframe's post "sellers abusing Make an offer"

I have buy it now for my foreign buyers.  I put the price of my media into the price of my media.  When a foreign buyer wants to buy something I tell them to offer me less and I will take it.  The only other time I will consider it is if someone lives close to me.  If you are on the east coast then there isnt likely a chance I will take an offer because I am in California and unless the item ships media it can get expensive.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@kathimac05wrote:

There were no reply buttons on woodenframe's post (title above) about make an offer being a ploy or scam, so I couldn't comment. Please look at my feedback page. I've been selling here since 2005 and was happy to find make an offer an option I can provide for buyers. What you'll see is lots of sales where people made offers I accepted. 

I get frustrsted when I make an offer that is not accepted, too. Usually it is on an item in demand that there is no reason to sell for less.  I also get lots of discounts from making offers.

You got lots of good comments about eBay policy so I won't repeat. Just please don't apply how ever many experiences you had globally. It's not true for me, as a buyer or seller, and it's not true for scores of others.  🙂 kathi

I'll PM OP this link

Usually if there is no response button on a forum thread it means that the thread has been closed.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks Dennis. FYI everyone, the OP responded and appreciated the input.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@7606denniswrote:

Usually if there is no response button on a forum thread it means that the thread has been closed.

Maybe that 'special' board?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply