cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a damaged computer. What are my options.

I received a damaged computer but the box that it was shipped in has no damage. The seller is insisting that he sent me a perfect computer but there is no damage to the box he used to ship the computer. What are my options.

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Received a damaged computer. What are my options.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Go there, file not as described, if the seller doesn't issue you a return label after a few days ask ebay to step in

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

hi,  First of all you had better contact the seller. He has the responsibility of his own item.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@feliz_mart 

According to the OP's post, they already contacted the seller. Now the buyer needs to file a dispute through Ebay's Resolution Center.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Review the terms of the MBG.

If the item arrived damaged you need to file a return request using the appropriate NAD reason.  The seller is responsible for the return shipping and should send a label if he is located in the same country.  If he fails to comply ask eBay to step in as soon as you are permitted to do so.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Frankly, you may wish to vet your sellers a bit more carefully.  That may result in your not having to retract more bids or leave less than positive feedback in the future.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Contact seller and get a refund.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

OP said he has contacted the seller.  There is no reason to do that again.  The next step is to file an "Item Not As Described" claim through the eBay Resolution Center.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This happened to me a few year ago.

The item was badly damaged, but the packaging was in mint condition. The seller issued a refund. 

Anyway, you can file a not as described claim..

Message 9 of 9
latest reply