cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase but don’t pay to allow seller to combine shipping and send me an invoice

How do I achieve this?  I use a credit card on file, and the only options when I go to my cart to purchase is a “confirm and pay” and I assume if I follow through with this link it will charge my credit card automatically.

As the shipping, in this instance, is significant if the costs aren’t combined, I don’t want to screw it up.

The seller told me to hit “purchase” but not to pay.   How does one go about doing this?

Thanks you

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Purchase but don’t pay to allow seller to combine shipping and send me an invoice

There should be a link somewhere on the checkout page that says something like "request combined total from seller". This is what you want. It's up on the top right side of the page if you're on a desktop or laptop. I have no idea if it's on the app or mobile pages.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Purchase but don’t pay to allow seller to combine shipping and send me an invoice

Add your items to the cart and on the top right there is a request total link.  The purchase will be confirmed then but you will be able to get an invoice before paying.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Same for me , They want me to buy it in order to get shipping cost, so i did and the shipping is over what i wanted to pay. Now it has gone on my account as an item i did not pay for.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@currencyoftime wrote:

How do I achieve this?  I use a credit card on file, and the only options when I go to my cart to purchase is a “confirm and pay” and I assume if I follow through with this link it will charge my credit card automatically.

As the shipping, in this instance, is significant if the costs aren’t combined, I don’t want to screw it up.

The seller told me to hit “purchase” but not to pay.   How does one go about doing this?

Thanks you

@currencyoftime Are you using an App on your phone or tablet to purchase?  If so, you won't be able to "Request Total" from the buyer as the apps currently don't include that feature. 

Use a browser and login to eBay to see if you can use "Request Total" or "Request Invoice".  

It may or may not work.  eBay has multiple situations where they disable this button.  Let us know if you find the "Request Total " button and it won't let you click on it.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I was able to find the way to send her an invoice, as she requested.  It has been 2 days and I still have not received the invoice.   Ebay is sending me reminders to pay in order to avoid a strike for non-payment.

I just messaged her again about the invoice.   I think this is the rub with buying on here because, although I don’t expect immediate service, It would be nice to know you appreciate my business and can get me an invoice with it 3 days of buying something.

I guess I am just complaining now.  

I have this problem regularly, as a seller, and can't get any help from eBay.  If buyer is using a mobile app, the "Request Total From Seller" box isn't there.  So the buyer pays the full shipping indicated and I have to refund the over payment.  Does eBay refund my fees on that refund?  NO!!!  Just another asinine eBay snafu!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

And now, neither does PP
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Infuriating that eBay doesn't have a request total option at checkout on the mobile app. eBay and PayPal are laughing all the way to the bank on this one.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

a work around is to message seller w list of items you want and ask them to create a combined listing that includes all those items w correct shipping

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

As a buyer, you have every right to complain when you can't ask for a combined shipping total on your purchase by simply clicking on a 'request total' button.  I can't imagine why the programmers can't add a 'request total' button at checkout on the mobile app. Sad! Not very encouraging for buyers. I think I have lost many sales because of this. I tried to add verbiage in my listing to help but most buyers don't want to read a novel about how to check out when shopping.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply