cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Gouging

The world is going through a difficult time with the Pandemic.  I am totally appalled at the greed with the posts of toilet paper, cleaning supplies, tissues and medical supplies.  The prices are outrageous and shameful!  Amazon at least had the integrity to remove the greedy posts.  I would love to see Ebay step up and do the same.  This is a time to work together, not get rich off of the pain of others.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Price Gouging

Rest assured that Ebay is trying to work diligently and as swiftly as possible to remove all listings of mask, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc., and they are investigating all reports of price gouging. It takes time as they need to go listing by listing among millions of other listings. It is extremely time consuming as you can imagine and overloading Ebay reduced staff and resources. This can’t be done with just one click of a button, and we ALL must be PATIENT and understanding in these times of trouble.

Here is the link to the latest announcement:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Important-information-about-listings-associated-w...

YOU can even help Ebay if you see items that are needed for health and safety where sellers are price-gouging, then you can report them.

When reporting the listing, select these options:
1. Prohibited and restricted items
2. Price gouging
3. Medical supplies or hygiene item

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Price Gouging

Thank you for your reply.  Please check out the toilet paper listings,  This is pure greed and shame!  I would hope that Ebay will cancel these as well.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Price Gouging

I agree.  Just out of curiosity I check to see the prices of Toliet Paper. Ridiculous!!!  I think in this time of crisis Ebay should ban the sale of Toliet Paper, Sanitizers and Water.  I also think that some of the bidding is being done by someone in cahoots with whomever has the listing!  Just wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Price Gouging

Thank you!  I agree with everything that you have said!  I think it's just plain greed and am hoping for Karma!  Best wishes............

Message 5 of 5
latest reply