cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now people are selling toilet paper by the sheet!

I decided to see if any sellers are selling toilet paper for a reasonable price so I could get a pack of it as I only have enough for a week and to my dismay sellers are selling it by the sheet. Several are selling 4 sheets for 99 cents and 45scent shipping. They seem to be new sellers so I would be curious for them to see that they are not gonna make anything after eBay and PayPal fees plus shipping. But still it’s disgusting to see them selling it that way especially as they are selling it as new when they are pulling it out of packages and then touching it to get 4 sheets.  They have wrong condition and some have big packages of toilet paper as their picture but they are selling only a few sheets at a time. I can just imagine the not as described cases coming their way.

when I think I had seen it all on here now I see sellers doing this. 

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Now people are selling toilet paper by the sheet!

The problem is, eBay isn't being responsible and stopping this, like other retailers have.  eBay is more interested in their fees.  eBay should have acted on this days ago, but their greed has stopped them.

Remove these listings, it is causing greater panic.  People are clearing out shelves at stores for profit, these are toys during Christmas, this is toilet paper.

Message 16 of 76
latest reply

eBay needs to stop these sellers gouging the price of toilet paper and we need to report them

Message 17 of 76
latest reply

Always return if dissatisfied......😋

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

Wow that crazy. Hope eBay remove their account permanently.

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

Hopefully, all the buyers will cry NSAD and get their money back as they get their 'free' toilet paper 🙂 In this instance, the false NSAD is completely warranted! Skanky sellers lose product, money and get suspended.

eBay returns all the money to buyers who paid more than 10% above the going rate for said TP, causing all the greedy sellers to lose their ill gotten gains, then suspend every single one who did it, forever.

Then push THAT all over the news that anyone on selling platforms gouging lose the money, their product (because buyers get to keep it), and get banned from selling.

Message 20 of 76
latest reply

I'm wondering if some people realize that the listings and sold prices with truly outrageous prices are just a (bad) joke?  If they aren't, that means there are a lot of millionaires with only a couple of working brain cells.

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

At those prices I wonder if 10¢ a cob would be considered too high. 😉

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 22 of 76
latest reply

toilet paper seeds.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

toilet paper seeds.JPG

tenor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toilet-paper-seeds/254541487056?hash=item3b43dadbd0:g:e1UAAOSwG8Nebk5T

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Golden-Toilet-Paper-Seed/283816056911?hash=item4214c1584f:g:kxgAAOSwM6h...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 24 of 76
latest reply

"....Hope eBay remove their account permanently."

Wouldn't you think it's much easier for ebay to just shut down the offending seller's entire accounts instead of trying to delete individual listings? 

Many of the listings are bogus and if you click on them you get a screen that says it can't be found.  Also, quite a few buyers get an "item cancelled" screen. Some get to pay and then are told the listing was removed.  So ebay is trying to catch these gouging listings at multiple ports. 

Message 25 of 76
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea 

Try this one.  It is pretty good too!!!  However is it likely to be a bit expensive for obvious reasons.

IMG_1801.JPG

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

That is funny that some people thought to list those.  

Message 27 of 76
latest reply

I contacted eBay and they will be removing those ads selling individual sheets of TP and removing the sellers also. Selling individual sheets of toilet paper during a pandemic, when there has been nationwide panic buying of TP and you can't find any, in any store, anywhere, is just despicable. We are seeing human beings at their worst.

Message 28 of 76
latest reply

Turn them in to eBay.. they are taking a dim view of the idiots who are doing this.   1-866-305-3229; There is already have a department working on it ~ removing the listings but also terminating the sellers. As eBay said "these are not the kind of people we want selling on our platform"

Message 29 of 76
latest reply

@xd-9 wrote:

I decided to see if any sellers are selling toilet paper for a reasonable price so I could get a pack of it as I only have enough for a week and to my dismay sellers are selling it by the sheet. Several are selling 4 sheets for 99 cents and 45scent shipping. They seem to be new sellers so I would be curious for them to see that they are not gonna make anything after eBay and PayPal fees plus shipping. But still it’s disgusting to see them selling it that way especially as they are selling it as new when they are pulling it out of packages and then touching it to get 4 sheets.  They have wrong condition and some have big packages of toilet paper as their picture but they are selling only a few sheets at a time. I can just imagine the not as described cases coming their way.

when I think I had seen it all on here now I see sellers doing this. 

I have a shopping update... Today I took my partner who has a sinus infection to the Walmart in the small town near where he lives (he's between two Walmarts, one I know would be sold out of almost everything). He did wear a mask because I told him if he coughed it  might upset people around him (and he is over 60 years old which is considered higher risk for coronavirus).

Anyway my point about the TP... it's sold out everywhere here, but the Walmart in Simcoe, Ontario had a shopping cart at the front and they were handing ONE pack of four rolls to anyone who desperately needed it (before the Walmart shipment came in). Walmart is also limiting one per customer to a bunch of other things, all the santizing products, plus bags of milk, and diapers, and anything else families might feel the need to hoard (just to make sure there's enough for everyone).

Oh, and I'm going to bring up a suggestion that's better than buying 4 squares of toilet paper... if you go somewhere to a public restroom, you can probably pull out a bit and put it in your pocket to take home (if you're really that desperate).

When I heard there might be a TP shortage (because it sold out at Costco) I went and bought one giant pack. I have enough for another month, but I'm anxious... now I have a pack in the basement under the stairs along with  case of single serve water and paper towels.

C.

Message 30 of 76
latest reply