cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ebay Bucks for Q2 2023 so far? Will there be any in Q2?

2 months now with no offers. Any idea if there is a reason there were no offers sent out? Has it been fully discontinued now? I work with multiple businesses and they have been waiting for the offers. Otherwise they will likely buy elsewhere with cash back offers. Together these businesses spend well over 100k on IT equipment on ebay throughout the year and use the rewards to buy items for company events. Also as a seller of collectibles I have noticed a decline in sales I would normally have during the events for larger cost items. Even though the Ebay fees I get charged seem to steadily increase. Pretty disappointing! Soon it will be time to change buying / selling platforms if this trend continues.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

This is what I found regarding eBay Bucks. 

eBay ended the old 1% return on daily purchases back in 2021 and closed the program to new users. Since then, the only way to earn eBay Bucks is to take advantage of one of the periodic 5% offers that eBay sends to select accounts about once per month.

Earning and using eBay Bucks 

eBay Bucks  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You might have to offer your buyers of $100K of IT items a discount to close the sale. Maybe not exactly what they would have got with eBay bucks, but something. It depends on how bad you want to make the sales & how much margin you have to work with.

Personally, I would be happy to drop my price by 1% to make a $100K sale.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

You can create a coupon and give it to your customers for 1% off. Now they have their 'ebay bucks'. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

EBay hasn't announced the end of the program, but I suspect the plan was always to phase it out and steer people to their branded cashback credit card. But I'm wondering where your customers are finding all these cash back offers they're leaving eBay for? The standard is quickly becoming branded credit cards, just like eBay.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@webtradingpost wrote:

Soon it will be time to change buying / selling platforms if this trend continues.

I suspect ebay cares about more about immediate profit than increasing sales, buyers & sellers likely are considered replaceables

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

A number of individuals [including me] received that 5% offer pretty consistently near the end of each month until January 2023.  That was the last time [so far?] I got any offers, and I recall several threads where others noticed this same trend of monthly offers just stopping.  I haven't gotten anything since, and while May isn't over yet, I'm not hopeful...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

[Just as I expected, no offers in May, either...]

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I too have not gotten the 5% ebay buck offers this year. I used to get them once per month.  Although ebay is saving money by not doing this I think they are losing out more than they are making. At least from my experience. I have purchased alot less on ebay than I used to and I also notice a significant decline in my own sales as well. I believe ebay is favoring large companies and forgetting about the smaller sellers who built ebay to what it is today.  With the increase in Promoted listing minimums to 2% they are making up the difference in lost sales due to ebay bucks by charging more for Promoted listings. In the long run using these promoted listings I think ebay is doing more harm than good as sub par sellers can just pay a little extra to get to the top of Ebay's best match. If you look at the Sellers who are now at the top of the page due to their listings being promoted, at least 80% or more of these sellers have very low feedback scores. Like 97% or less. Ebay would rather profit a little more money now than have the buyers purchase from High rated sellers with no extra promoted fees. I believe the sellers who worked hard to earn their spot at the top should be at the top, not some random seller who can just pay more to be up there. In the long run I think this will hurt ebay's profits as buyers will have a worse ebay experiences causing them to purchase from other websites.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

August is almost over and still no offers. I've been hitting links in emails like crazy to try to trigger an offer should it come available (that's how I would get Bucks offers again in the past when they seemed to lag)

Looks like they are gone, but, one small condolence that they just might not be, is that on the checkout page for eBay they still offer eBay Bucks as an option to enter in the gift cards/coupons code area.

Never made a ton of Bucks once they quit the 1% on every purchase option in 21' but it was always fun every  four months to get that extra 8 or 10 dollars discount code, miss that.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yeah, I hardly buy on eBay anymore because I haven't gotten any ebay bucks for months now. Unless it's a great deal or I need ink for my printer is all I have gotten, I think I have purchased maybe 2 or 3 times this year and I suspect a lot of others are the same. Typical short sighted move by a greedy corporation.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Might as well add this observation...

I hadn't seen anything all month, unsurprisingly.  I didn't make note of this earlier, but the eBay Bucks page stopped tracking purchases altogether.

In the past, that page would at least track purchases with a $0.00 Bucks Earned bit on every line, implying something was still going on in the background.  Now, none of my purchases are showing up for this quarter or last...

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I also cut back on my Ebay purchasing by at least $2K per month and much more at times.  I started going direct to specific vendors or other sources.

Rob.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

My $.02... eBay is failing.. that's why there area no new Bucks promotions.. They can't make ends meet.. I'm still buying on here but will never sell here again, and my buying is done elswhere every chance I get. Funny.. I used to buy here exclusively to build up my bucks.. No more... Now I shop here and buy elsewhere 🙂

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@thmupr wrote:

My $.02... eBay is failing.. that's why there area no new Bucks promotions.. They can't make ends meet.. I'm still buying on here but will never sell here again, and my buying is done elswhere every chance I get. Funny.. I used to buy here exclusively to build up my bucks.. No more... Now I shop here and buy elsewhere 🙂

EBay net income for the twelve months ending June 30, 2023 was $1.341B, a 271.47% increase year-over-year. So not exactly failing. And I'd love to know what places you're shopping at that have a cashback program.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply