cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New website format a bombastic mess.

Frankly, I have no idea if this is an overall change.  I had added an item to my Watchlist.  This morning, I received an email offer.  Until today, if I clicked on View item, I would be taken to that item.  Today, I was bombarded with the equivalent of every item viewed, every category - a 'million' images, all related to anything I have done - at least in the prior 24 hours.  My response, apart from revulsion, was to leave the site.

I am only a Buyer on eBay.  The My eBay menu selections have worked (almost) just fine, (although why viewing messages doesn't seal the fact that one has, in fact viewed a message, and marked it, etc., escapes me).  To be bombarded with "everything" when simply wanting to respond to an offer and link directly to it is all that was wanted through my action.  And, I am using a desktop PC only.  I cannot imagine how people with mobile devices respond to being flooded, but it can't be good.

I wonder what eBay is attempted to do?  It cannot possibly benefit from this bombardment.  I certainly didn't.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure if this is the issue, but know that If the item you were watching was sold, then this is what will happen. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No.  But you were kind to respond.  I am sure it was my inarticulate presentation of the problem of  - I should say "my" problem with the new eBay "flooding" formatting.  I will adjust - eventually.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@maxi314,

Stainless'reply is probably why you saw the overflowing lists of items.  Ever since ebay's dismal holiday sales, they have gone somewhat overboard in their attempts to encourage more buying.   One way you can avoid ending up seeing long lists of items like that in the future would be to go to your My eBay page. In the upper left above your lists click on > Account, on the page that opens under the Account Preferences header > on Advertisement preferences then on Communications preferences. There are menus on each of those pages you can use to eliminate some of the things you are shown if you are directed to another page like the one you received.  Don't turn off special offers, since some of those can can be great bargains.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply