cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller won’t dispatch until moneys received

Brought goods from a new seller (0 reviews) and paid immediately. Original estimated delivery was 1-2 days after purchase and seller promptly paid for delivery/provided tracking number. However, now a week later the seller says they will not dispatch until their money arrives. I’m unclear what prompts that payment- elsewhere I see that potentially the payment won’t be made for new sellers until item delivered.. which obviously can’t happen. Can anyone confirm?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: New seller won’t dispatch until moneys received

Thanks, but as above - don’t want a refund. Want the item.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@stuart9413 wrote:

Well, obvs I’d prefer the product rather than a refund. My specific question was: does eBay withhold payment for new sellers until Delivery? 

No

It's 30 days, which is beyond the estimated delivery date in all cases so for practical purposes, the answer is "yes", not "no".  

There is much more involved in releasing a payment for a new seller than just delivering the item.   I have set up a new account, so I understand the holds and the holds are based on numerous factors, not just the delivery of the sold item.

Since the OP made it clear they only wanted their specific question answered I answered it without providing all the possibilities. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Specifically, I do not buy from zero sales with zero feedback, no matter how attractive the item.  I might buy from a new seller who had at least 10 purchases with 100% positive feedback as a buyer.  Otherwise, the potential for a scam is very high.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413 

"don’t want a refund. Want the item."

Then you may have to wait, until the seller's funds are no longer in "pending" mode.

This seller seems to be unaware that you have definitely paid, but that the payment is being held back, until eBay is assured of the seller's financial veracity. 

Additionally, eBay will loosen enough of the payment to allow the seller to ship the item to you; but it sounds as if the seller also is unsure of eBay.

So you may have to wait out the seller.

But keep an eye on that estimated delivery date:  if your item has not arrived by that day, immediately open an "item not received" case against the seller.

Patience.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

And one more small morsel of advice: Do not ever buy from a seller with zero sales.  I have tried a few times, and 100% of the items were NOT delivered. All scams. What a hassle.

Not all new sellers are bad.

Some some jump into selling without a clue what they are doing or what is going to happen..

Have a great day
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps,

Read the info in the link below about the holds, it is more detailed in its explanation of the holds and how to get funds released.  If the OP tells him how to get the funds released they may continue to sell, despite the defect.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

It was more of a question for buyer to look to see if seller is selling anything else.

A seller with a first defect is not good...a second defect...probably goodbye seller.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Most of the humans have no clue what they’re doing most of the time🤷

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Precisely this, together with intransigence when presented with information which doesn’t support current world view.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

"don’t want a refund. Want the item."

So you may have to wait out the seller.

But keep an eye on that estimated delivery date:  if your item has not arrived by that day, immediately open an "item not received" case against the seller.

Patience.

So, as soon as I raised an “item not received” case (asking for the item rather than a refund) they refunded me.

Not the outcome I wanted but perhaps the only possible one.

Unfortunately, lends further support for @stevescho “Don’t bother with unproven sellers”.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413,

If you filed an item not received dispute the seller had two choices, Prove the item had been shipped, or refund you.  Did you ever message the seller giving them the info about the hold?

Now that this transaction has been concluded, would you mind giving us the item number?  With it we may be able to find out more about the seller. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Why do you say that? And do you have some kind of statistical proof to back up your statement? 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@stuart9413,

If you filed an item not received dispute the seller had two choices, Prove the item had been shipped, or refund you.  Did you ever message the seller giving them the info about the hold?

Now that this transaction has been concluded, would you mind giving us the item number?  With it we may be able to find out more about the seller. 

seller had two choices?
surely a third was to actually dispatch the item? (Since they had already brought the postage).

I twice sent them the info about the hold first the search and later the url itself. The issue was that they were simply not prepared to send the item until they received the money, irrespective of eBay’s process.

Item number was 166627006435

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

Specifically, I do not buy from zero sales with zero feedback, no matter how attractive the item.  I might buy from a new seller who had at least 10 purchases with 100% positive feedback as a buyer.  Otherwise, the potential for a scam is very high.

Buyers will always have 100% feedback because, as proven in your own feedback received, buyers can’t get the red donut, negative feedback. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413,

There's nothing more to be said now, you filed the dispute and the seller reacted to it, possibly without reading your messages with the info I told you to send them.   Something occurred to me last night and I didn't bring it up, and that is that you are located in the U.K., but have posted on ebay's U.S. based site's community (ebay.com).  You should have posted your concern on the U.K. site's community;  https://community.ebay.co.uk/

The payment hold policy may be different in the U.K.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply