cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller won’t dispatch until moneys received

Brought goods from a new seller (0 reviews) and paid immediately. Original estimated delivery was 1-2 days after purchase and seller promptly paid for delivery/provided tracking number. However, now a week later the seller says they will not dispatch until their money arrives. I’m unclear what prompts that payment- elsewhere I see that potentially the payment won’t be made for new sellers until item delivered.. which obviously can’t happen. Can anyone confirm?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

And one more small morsel of advice: Do not ever buy from a seller with zero sales.  I have tried a few times, and 100% of the items were NOT delivered. All scams. What a hassle.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

For a new seller it could be a month before their money is released.  I would just ask for a refund. Contact eBay if you need help getting a refund.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Well, obvs I’d prefer the product rather than a refund. My specific question was: does eBay withhold payment for new sellers until Delivery? 

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Request them to undertake a review of ebay policy or to contact ebay directly for a determination on when they are required to ship out the item that you purchased

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

A constructive answer, thanks. But, as a seller myself on eBay previously, I’m not sure I would know where to go to ‘contact eBay directly’... everything points to these forums for help doesn’t it?

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Tell the seller that, if eBay says it's okay to ship, it's okay to ship.  All new sellers will have their funds held for up to 30 days.  eBay does tell him when the money has been received and it's ok to ship.  Tell him also that, if the item isn't received by the EDD, he will be possibly be receiving a defect from eBay. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413,

This is a fairly common problem with new sellers. It happens because in eBay's getting started info, information about their 21-30 day payment hold on new or returning sellers first few payments, is buried deep in the info.  On your seller's account the payment status is marked as Pending, and that's why they are not shipping.

Since you want the item, Message your seller again, tell them if they are not shipping do to the payment status showing Pending, to do a Google search for "Payments on hold - ebay" tell them to open the result with export.ebay. as part of the address, usually it is the second link. The main result doesn't give full info on what a seller should do to get the funds released. 

FYI.  This also happens if a seller has not sold anything in over a year. To find out if they are a returning seller open their feedback profile page and click on the,  As a Seller tab. If their last selling feedback was received over a year ago, the hold will be in place.  That is just one of the reasons for checking a seller's feedback profile page.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413 wrote:

Well, obvs I’d prefer the product rather than a refund. My specific question was: does eBay withhold payment for new sellers until Delivery? 

No

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413 wrote:

A constructive answer, thanks. But, as a seller myself on eBay previously, I’m not sure I would know where to go to ‘contact eBay directly’... everything points to these forums for help doesn’t it?

Won't do any good to contact Ebay, they can't make the seller ship the item.

The best you can do is to file an Item Not Received a day after the estimated delivery date.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@stuart9413,

You asked:  " My specific question was: does eBay withhold payment for new sellers until Delivery?".

The answer to that is:  The funds will be held for 21 to 30 days depending on the cost of the item.  If the seller ships with tracking the funds are released within a couple of days of tracking having a delivered scan.  If the seller did not ship within their given handling time, they will receive a defect on their account for that, which can cause the amount of time they have a hold on their payments to be extended. 

If you are worried about getting a refund if the item isn't as described, ebay will see that you do, even if the seller has spent it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

If the estimated delivery date has passed then you just need to file an item not received claim and ask ebay to step in when prompted if the the seller does not refund.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

There is a hold of 30+ days of a new seller.

Here's the thing...new seller will get a "ding" for not shipping it in the time frame.

So I kinda think seller probably only had one item for sale...and will not sell anymore?

Careful with the time frame....you only get 30 days to return an item or ask for a refund.

And if seller is no longer a registered user...

eBay is good about getting a refund...but its for 30 days and not 31 days so be careful.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@stuart9413 wrote:

No

It's 30 days, which is beyond the estimated delivery date in all cases so for practical purposes, the answer is "yes", not "no".  

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

And one more small morsel of advice: Do not ever buy from a seller with zero sales.  I have tried a few times, and 100% of the items were NOT delivered. All scams. What a hassle.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Yeah, sadly coming to the same conclusion. But we were all of us new sellers once, right?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply