cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must I reply to seller's INR response?

I purchased an item on March 31st. Delivery was estimated as April 8th. As of the 20th the item has not been received, tracking is a USPS number and only shows "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" since March 31st. The listing has been removed by eBay. In the listing it showed the seller and the item item as within the US but I figure the seller and item are actually in China and I think that is why the listing was removed. I started an INR and sent a short message to seller asking for a refund. He responded with a willingness to refund and asked that "...we not leave a negative or neutral feedback."

Must I or should I reply to his response, or can I just ask for eBay to "step in" (on April 24th) and get my refund from eBay?

Isn't it improper for a seller to ask a buyer to not leave negative feedback in this situation? I would like to get my refund and then leave a negative. I wouldn't if the mistake was unavoidable but the ad was misleading (seller/item NOT in the USA) AND the seller put feedback conditions on the refund in his response to the INR. I feel a negative is justified.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Must I reply to seller's INR response?

No need to respond,  just ask ebay to step in when you can.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your seller is manipulating to delay your escalation, or fabricate a delivered tracking number, or have you agree to wait for a replacement which won't be sent.

Go silent and do not respond. If your seller has not voluntarily refunded by the 23rd, ask eBay to step in on the 24th to force a refund within a few minutes.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn't think it would be against the rules for a seller to ask you not to leave negative feedback.  However, I suggest that you proceed with the INR dispute according the normal process.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No need to respond,  just ask ebay to step in when you can.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I personally feel that extremely delayed shipping caused by misrepresentation of item location is a thing for which a red donut may be merited, especially if I have to chase the seller around Robin Hood's Barn for compensation.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I did as you suggested and it worked out well. I didn't reply to the seller. On the 24th I asked eBay to "step in" and had my full refund in a few minutes. I tried to leave feedback but received this: "This transaction is no longer eligible for feedback." Too bad.

The procedure for requesting and getting a refund for INR is difficult to decipher. I know it's complex because we're dealing with thousands of individuals that all operate in their own ways rather than one company that has a quick process. If eBay made what to do more obvious, and made it easier to understand that the buyer is dealing with a random individual THROUGH eBay, which takes time, there would be less confusion and buyers would feel more confident that they are being heard, doing the right thing, and being taken care of. They might be more patient.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply