cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many sellers keeps canceling my order, "out of stock" in all the cases thanks to chip shortage

I am getting tired of sellers who are dropshipping or has a very sloppy inventory management. Last week alone on my buying account, 8 orders were canceled due to being out of stock. 

I am not entirely sure how much eBay or Paypal keeps but they do keep a portion of payment out of seller's pocket for using cards online.  Non-refundable transaction fee.  One seller got my $800 before canceling it, that seller lost about $15, plus eBay FVF fees (10% or $80 with most sellers) if the seller didn't make sure that's refunded.  This can get very expensive with sellers who can't keep track of inventory or dropships and does not check the supplier's stock continuously.

I've been dishing out neutrals for sellers who canceled my orders and issued refund, except for that one seller who waited a week to cancel & refund. His was 3 days handling and estimated date of delivery would have been next day at the latest so he waited to the last day.

Just a bit of rant.  Dear dropshipping sellers: if you are selling electronic parts (usually in business & industrial category), check your source as it may be depleted with months long wait time due to chip shortage.  And if you have stock on hand, get a decent inventory management tool!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Many sellers keeps canceling my order, "out of stock" in all the cases thanks to chip

@puddle_jumper,

Those sellers, mostly China located or who drop ship from China, know they are out of stock, but do not take their listings down. So when you have an order cancelled because they are out of stock they deserve a negative.  Yes, they do lose some fees, but they do not care. 

You should check each seller's feedback profile before buying from them, and click on the numbers of neutral and negatives they have received, to read only those comments. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Many sellers keeps canceling my order, "out of stock" in all the cases thanks to chip

If they are actually cancelling as out of stock, they will defect their accounts out of business. For a seller of my volume, doing it twice would get me kicked off forever.

If they are cancelling using buyer requested, when you didn't ask, they are dodging defects and deserve to be reported. The feedback you leave means nothing to Ebay. Ebay hasn't used feedback as a metric for sellers for many years now.  Feedback is only for buyers to vet the sellers (and most buyers now don't seem to even look).

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

First screen>the seller has violated one of Ebay's policies

Second screen>the seller doesn't want to complete the sale.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I limited my search to US only and avoided those whose shipping time is more than 1 week estimated since it'd be location misrepresentation. I still got a couple canceled orders. One out of stock, one false buyer requested cancelation, I reported him to eBay for fee avoidance

Message 4 of 4
latest reply