cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAZY MEGA-BOOK SELLERS, SO OVER THEM.

I'm tired of lazy book sellers and I'm speaking of sellers who sell mass quantities of books kept in warehouses, not speaking of small scale sellers. The following are messages that I just exchanged with a seller regarding a book:

"Hello! One photo shows a black and white cover and another photo shows a blue and white cover. Which is it?  Thanks"

"Thank you for contacting us. We do apologize as we are unable to give you specific details of the item in question. Unfortunately, customer service is not located in the warehouse where this item is stocked. The best way to answer all your questions about this item would be to take the ISBN number to the publisher’s website directly. The publisher's website will have the most accurate information about the item."

"Hi - your photos are part of the description. You show the cover in two different colors. It shouldn't be up to ME to search for information re: the book that YOU are selling. You yourself could have looked up the ISBN number and then given me the information. Nevertheless, I did just looked it up and found that the cover is black. Maybe you could now remove the photo showing a blue cover, since I just did your job for you? It's misleading, and it led to this back and forth nonsense."

See? Happens a lot with the mega-book sellers. You ask a question, get a form letter kind of reply and, "We don't know anything about what we are selling". Doesn't this violate eBay policy? Guess who I won't be buying books from?

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: LAZY MEGA-BOOK SELLERS, SO OVER THEM.

It seriously is not hard to search an ISBN as you found out, although the seller could have done the same if they had the time, but your condescension to the seller probably hasn't done you any favours.

Did you end up buying the book?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

I don't think they violate any Ebay policy. But you can find some enthusiasm sellers and just buy only from them.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Of course they have not violated policy - a seller is under no obligation to even reply to messages, although a good seller will.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

No violation as previously stated 

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

@lichtpriester 

just out of curiosity...........does it matter what color the cover is?

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Hello...so what!🤤

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

I just balked at the word LAZY - obviously the OP has no idea what is involved in listing, photo's, item spec's, descriptions, not to mention the physical items sourced, loaded, unloaded, stacked, sorted, stored - yup that is one lazy seller LOL

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

My thought exactly 

Maybe there is different issue date ??

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

I just balked at the word LAZY - obviously the OP has no idea what is involved in listing, photo's, item spec's, descriptions, not to mention the physical items sourced, loaded, unloaded, stacked, sorted, stored - yup that is one lazy seller LOL

But that is what the op is talking about.

The lazy sellers are not doing the hard work you have mentioned.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

some folks buy books to read..... others for the covers

her in PA we used to have Atlantic books by the montgomeryvile mall,  they usd to sell books by the foot

can  get I 3 feet of books for the bookshelf in my new home.its just a decorating ploy with some buyers

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

Unless they are the only seller with that book, move on to the next seller that has it. You might have to pay $00.05 more for it, but so be it.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

*sigh*

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

I cannot believe these replies!  I am with the OP.  I buy and sell books too and hate the mega sellers too.  Most of the time there isn't even a picture of the book, just an image not available avatars.  If there is a photo, it is a stock photo that comes up by keying in the ISBN number.  The description is also what comes up with the ISBN number.  Nothing about the book they actually have.  This is lazy.  They don't answer messages because they can't...due to the lazy way they list.

I take pictures of the book and describe, never using the pre-filled info.  When I go to buy, I pass the mega sellers by, as the listings are easy to spot.  I want to know the exact book I am getting because I buy to not only read, but to collect.  I will get the book at the library if I just want to read it.

@lichtpriester 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Most media sellers are like this. I have lost track of the number of times I have bought CDs that did not match the version the seller listed using the eBay stock catalog.

Message 15 of 39
latest reply