cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Has Not Arrived button disappeared

Hiya, so an item got “dispatched” when I 100% know the seller hasn’t actually posted it and won’t post it until well after the delivery date. I was advised to use the item has not arrived button once the delivery date passes however that option no longer appears. Is it a case of I can only use this once the delivery date has passed after supposed dispatch or is this a bug I need to report to eBay?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Item Has Not Arrived button disappeared

Once the package is at least one day late, you are free to open an item not received case.  No need to "report" to anyone.  You handle this through eBay's Money Back Guarantee.  Suggest that you read it.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@masw_1661,

If you were opening the listing from your purchase/order history to see what the last estimated delivery date was.  That date kept moving forward to the date it would arrive if you bought it on the day you looked. The order details page has the last estimated delivery date from the date you bought the item.  If the Return item or More actions buttons are not there, or working then you may have let your money back guarantee (MGB) date pass by more than 30 days.

Since you are located in the U.K. you should login to that site's community and post your issue there.  These are the U.S. site's community (ebay.com)  a link to your home site's community is below.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Way to be condescending. the button isn't there. I suggest you read the post you're replying to, before being so rude.  Even if the item isn't late yet, the button is still there. It just doesn't let you open the case. It tells you you have to wait, and tells you when you can open the case. Except sometimes, there is no button at all!. That is what the OP is complaining about. and why you were ZERO HELP what's so ever. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much for your gracious response.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@handsonthewatch,

The item not received button is always there, if you click on the More Actions tab on a purchase history page.  It will not appear if you click on on the Order details More Actions button, which may be where You were looking, if the last estimated delivery date has not yet passed.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@handsonthewatch 

How come you’re searching through 7-month old threads for perceived rudeness?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Just wanted to clarify my issue is long solved. The button did finally appear in June and I cancelled the order.

Ngl I wasn’t expecting this thread to have a lot of activity 7 months later lol

Message 8 of 8
latest reply