cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with a purchase

Recently bought a watch which was described as being 36mm, it is actually 33mm (big difference in case size for a watch). 

I messaged the seller and have heard nothing yet, likely due to the time change. What is the next step from here? I want to protect myself and make sure I am able to send the item back and get a refund for this.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Issue with a purchase

You need to open a not as described case, use the Resolution center, below.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Issue with a purchase

Go to eBay's Resolution Center--there's a link on every page--and click on the button that says "I received an item that does not match the seller's description." Then click on "Continue" and go from there.

You have thirty days from the date of delivery to submit a return request for the item. If you've missed that window of opportunity, you have 180 days from the date of purchase to file the same request through PayPal--if PayPal was involved in the transaction. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Issue with a purchase

Open a not as described request, under ebay's money back guarantee, you should receive a prepaid return label, if not escalate to a case for eBay to step in.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Issue with a purchase

@ed8108 wrote:

Open a not as described request, under ebay's money back guarantee, you should receive a prepaid return label, if not escalate to a case for eBay to step in.

If the seller does not provide a mailing label for a domestic transaction, eBay will provide one automatically, without a buyer escalating to a case. Just had it happen yesterday. (I'm the buyer. Seller had until October 8 to provide label. She didn't provide it, so I had one from eBay in my inbox first thing yesterday morning without having to do anything.)

@goldbondmafia 

Since you are registered in Canada, there may be different procedures for receiving a mailing label if you purchased from a U.S. seller. You may have to request the funds for a mailing label from the seller in lieu of an actual label. The return process should advise you of your alternatives.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply