cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this considered feed back manipulation on eBay ?

I can't find anything in the help files that specifically addresses this.

Sorry to bother you.
We reviewed your feedback and sincerely sorry about that.
Sincerely sorry for making you have bad feeling in this business.
How about you kindly help us revise your feedback?
Then we will make a full refund to you as compensation.
Waiting for your reply soon.
With best regards.
Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Is this considered feed back manipulation on eBay ?

I wouldn't consider it feedback extortion. I would, however, get the refund BEFORE doing a feedback revision if you feel the seller is trying to make it right. Otherwise, just ignore the message.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

This sellers customer service was the worst I've ever  experienced any where !

I refuse to change my feed back.

11.00 is not going make me or break me...

Thank you .

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@karenscorner2007 wrote:

Sorry to bother you.
With best regards.
Thanks.

I can understand the concern you have because the seller offered to refund you ONLY if you revise your feedback.  It should be the other way around. The seller, in my opinion, should work with you to find mutual agreement. Only after that would I condone the seller asking for revision. 

The seller's proposition only reinforces the deserved negative feedback. In a word - "ridiculous." 

Consider for a moment that you were to go to Macy's and Macy's said that they will refund you but only after you remove the negative Yelp review. 

Shaking my head.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@karenscorner2007 wrote:

Sorry to bother you.
With best regards.
Thanks.

They want to pay for your positive feedback. NOT Cool!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

You are right, it is manipulation. The acceptance of the item cannot depend on the revision of the feedback. Because you have already posted feedback, return the item - make sure you have tracking - and request a refund, if they don’t issue one report them to eBay. It is always best to withhold feedback until all issues are sorted out. A more drastic way is to report it to PayPal, those people are tougher.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

The key word is "require".   Require vs Request is a very thin line.

The seller can't require a buyer to leave positive feedback, specific detailed seller ratings, or revise existing feedback in exchange for a number of things, including, but not limited to:

• Receiving the purchased item
  • Issuing a full or partial refund
  • Monetary compensation
  • Additional items
  • Other goods and services not included in the original listing
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

my opinion yes its extortion. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

In my neck of the woods we would consider it a bribery.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

It would be extortion if it weren't an outright blatant lie.  They have no intention of giving you anything at all regarding money back, they are just trying to get you to change the feedback.  You are dealing with a scammer thief. 

Did you open a Money Back Guarantee case yet?

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Did you get an item that was not as described?

You don't have to dance with your seller to get that refund. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@karenscorner2007

If they are trying to make an owed refund contingent upon a feedback revision, then it's extortion.   If you aren't pursuing a return, then it's not.  Are you not going for your MBG rights?

One thing I'd suggest is getting a buying ID if you're going to leave negs.  There will be some sellers who seek retaliation and can wreak havoc on your selling account.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

A seller cannot request a feedback revision dependent on a SNAD. That said, are you attempting resolutions before leaving feedback? I went about 10 pages deep into your feedback and you have several negatives where I get the vide you left feedback prior to attemtping a solution. You have the right to do this but doesn't this make for a difficult eBay experience? You have a good number of feedbacks so you aren't new to this. Are you new to selling?

Sellers will add you to their BBL and buyers will avoid purchasing knowing you are emotional. I have multiple buying and selling IDs so I can spread out my experiences.

Just thoughts ...

I

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@sd-redneck wrote:

The key word is "require".   Require vs Request is a very thin line.

The seller can't require a buyer to leave positive feedback, specific detailed seller ratings, or revise existing feedback in exchange for a number of things, including, but not limited to:

• Receiving the purchased item
  • Issuing a full or partial refund
  • Monetary compensation
  • Additional items
  • Other goods and services not included in the original listing

@sd-redneck, @karenscorner2007,

There is one group of sellers who try and extort positive feedback, and they are mostly based in China. The wording of the message says the first language of  person who wrote it is not English.  If you revise the feedback, you will never hear from the seller again, and probably will not be able to open a dispute, that is what makes this feedback extortion, not manipulation. 

Open a dispute If the item is damaged, doesn't work, broke on the first use or the wrong quantity was sent the proper dispute is not as described.  Item not received is self explanatory.   Once you open a dispute do not pay any attention to messages sent by the seller through regular ebay messages, that do not appear in the resolution center console. The only solution you should accept is the seller paying the return shipping cost, and giving a full refund.

You may have to get ebay to pay the return cost, since foriegn sellers can't print up USPS postage. They will take those funds from the seller's account.  If you are given money or a return shipping label, you have to ship the item back within 5 business days and provide the tracking number.  Once there is an acceptance scan your refund will be processed.  Best advice is do not buy from chinese or other asian country sellers, and always check their feedback profile before buying. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thank you Everyone ,

Here is what happened.

I placed my order and mistakenly supplied the wrong address but, realized my mistake immediately. ( I sent my last order to my daugher's address and forgot to make the change)...Yep, my fault.

I wrote the buyer with in 5 minutes asking if we could either cancel the order or change the delivery address.

Buyer states ... Already shipped, and suggests that I pick-up the order at the wrong address (300 miles away)

I'm a seller too, and find it very difficult to believe that with in 5 minutes my purchase it was physically shipped , and believe that only a label was printed. Even though this entire thing was my fault , I feel that in the sprit of providing good CS , the address could have been changed.

I responed back saying that the order will be returned un-opened via RTS and that I would expect my refund in a timely manner.

eBay says that I have to wait a week before leaving any negative feed back. I was out of town and forgot the whole thing until I got home (about 3 weeks had passed).

Left the feed back when I got home stating  "Poor Customer Service".

You see his response.

I called eBay who told me that a seller can not extort a buyer ... Only a buyer can extort a seller which made absolutely no sense to me. Hence, my reason for coming here.

I honestly don't care about my 11.00 refund.

My eBay account was set up by my husband in 2005. When he passed in 2011 , I shut my store down and took a 5 year hiatus before coming back 2 years ago. So much has changed and I find myself second guessing every move that I make , both as a buyer and a seller. I've been a successful seller on Amazon for almost 12 years, so I'm not new at "the game". I think that I'm well aware of what feed back extortion is.  My complaints ( with this , yes ,  China based seller) are based on principle only !

Message 15 of 17
latest reply