cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a "NEW way to whitewash feedback on Mega Sellers?

So today I was looking at a few Asian Sellers and noticed this. Is this "new" seems like I have never seen it before? Picture one, New Feedback button, picture 2, new window that opens up. Picture 3 actual feedback.

Great way to fool Buyers. Seems the New feedback ONLY shows individual feedback for the "ITEM", not the Seller. As You can see the Feedback on the "ITEM" is much better than actual Seller's Feedback!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this a "NEW way to whitewash feedback on Mega Sellers?

I have it on my listings as well, I don't like it for another reason.  It seems that eBay starts placing it on repeatables when the item get 3 FB.  So if one of those 3 FB happen to be a neutral or negative, you might as well just end the listing, revise and relist.

I actually posted it about it earilier this week and was surprized there wasn't more of an outcry about it:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Have-you-noticed-the-new-Feedback-button-on-your-listings/td-p/...

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay sure goes to great lengths to protect and preserve the Chinese mega sellers so they can continue to hose buyers around the rest of the world. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, I have that on one of my listings. Anyone gets it when they sell lots of the same product. That feedback is meant to act as reviews for said item. That's not meant to be taken as the actual seller feedback. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I do understand that it is a review of the item...However, the word FEEDBACK seems screwy. Normally I see the word reviews so I guess that is what I don't like ABOUT IT. In eBay land Feedback is usually about a Seller or buyers performance. so, It seems misleading to me! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have it on my listings as well, I don't like it for another reason.  It seems that eBay starts placing it on repeatables when the item get 3 FB.  So if one of those 3 FB happen to be a neutral or negative, you might as well just end the listing, revise and relist.

I actually posted it about it earilier this week and was surprized there wasn't more of an outcry about it:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Have-you-noticed-the-new-Feedback-button-on-your-listings/td-p/...

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, but see look you have the product feedback, but right beside that it shows the seller's feedback score.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply