cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for every package to take 3+ weeks?

I know there was a big package crunch in covid times, but it's 2023 and lately every single auction I win is taking 3 weeks or more to arrive. Different sellers and they always ship on time, so it's all on the USPS.

The ebay estimated delivery date is always wrong, every package ends up late.

I want to vent but I don't see the point in bugging sellers because they ship on time with tracking numbers. It's not always packages being delayed with no updates to tracking. It's just like 10 days to go across half of California kind of thing.

Is it just me or is this normal? It makes me want to spend the extra money to order stuff on Amazon and get it within a week via UPS or FedEx.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Is it normal for every package to take 3+ weeks?

It depends what form of delivery the seller is using and if your item sits in an eBay hub...which is not USPS controlled. I mail items all the time to Hawaii without a problem. I use good old postage from the post office in person mailing out items and no eBay shipping labels. Wait until the holidays and snow bound days where items sit in a hub.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

1000004389.jpg

Unfortunately it can take a long time. I've actually put a warning to my customers who purchase with free shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

It depends what form of delivery the seller is using and if your item sits in an eBay hub...which is not USPS controlled. I mail items all the time to Hawaii without a problem. I use good old postage from the post office in person mailing out items and no eBay shipping labels. Wait until the holidays and snow bound days where items sit in a hub.

Domestic packages with postage labels purchased through eBay are handled the same way as packages with good old postage that you purchase at the PO counter.  The "eBay hub" is only for international shipping.  eBay does not get involved with shipping domestic packages, which includes shipping to Hawaii.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

You live in Hawaii and from what I understand in order to save money the USPS waits until they have a full load before sending everything over at once. It takes longer that way, but stops you from having to pay much higher rates to get it within the normal delivery time. 

I do wonder though why E-bay's estimated delivery has not caught onto that and reflects it, but maybe they simply don't know. 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

You can request quicker shipping if you are willing to pay.  Different levels of postage have different delivery times. Some are far better than others. Priority mail takes about 4 days to get from the middle of the US to Hawaii for me, media mail takes much, much longer

Message 20 of 20
latest reply