cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eBay trying to kill itself?

Why i'm i being blocked from buying from international sellers? I have been blocked from buying from 4 very good and reliable sellers because of what? eBay wants to promote their own Global Shipping program by force?

I have to result to using a PROXY SITE just to see all of the listings. And you wonder why sellers are crying because of declining sales.

Since the Pandemic started Amazon JP and US and even RAKUTEN has been stellar in providing me all that i need with a shipping speed as fast as 24 hours.

The struggle on eBay is becoming ridiculous, if they do not want to run their site maybe they should give it to somebody else to run it properly.

Since this site has become a joke, i will permanently put it on proxy site status, since it is going so far to influence purchases by going as far as permanently hiding listings.

I'm not a bad buyer, as you can see i have a pretty stellar track record, but to get punished or forced to listings i do not like? Ridiculous.

You eBay can take your joke of a algorithm system and eat it.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Is eBay trying to kill itself?

Some of the feedback you have given could get you on blocked bidder lists. A neg for 10 days late is a bit much.  That expected delivery is just a guess at best and the seller has no control over delays. It's worse since Covid-19 went viral.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

The decision to block a buyer is, ultimately, the seller's, not eBay's, unless there is some new rule that I've not read yet.

Every eBay seller can decide where he wants to ship.  Some USA sellers do not want to ship outside of the US.

FYI:  ALL buyers have a "pretty stellar track record" because buyers cannot receive negative feedback.

Finally, probably no one actually employed by eBay will read your message here.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Meh that neg was left years ago, there was something fishy with the seller? Or was i on edge because i received 4 missing items in a row? ( - -)

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

It makes no sense that i have been blocked from FOUR international sellers, when i have had no bad beef with them, some even in hong kong where i am close to, this has become a pattern and eBay is obviously doing it.

If i was truly blocked even with proxy i should not be able to see the link when logged in or be able to make a purchase.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Maybe the sellers have seen some of your posts and just don't want to deal with you.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Are you blocked (as in your bid is not accepted) by the actual sellers, or do they just not ship internationally?

I suspended all international shipments back in May when Covid went crazy. Right now it can take two to three weeks to ship a package domestically.  Some never make it at all. Many sellers are already losing LOTS of money through lost packages just in the US, and a lot of us just don't want to take chances by mailing outside the country right now.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Keep hiding behind a throwaway account puckbun ❤️

Replying to Southern Sweet Tea, i'm talking about normal listings not auctions, i have no problem with auction listings as far as i'm concerned.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

Some of the feedback you have given could get you on blocked bidder lists. A neg for 10 days late is a bit much.  That expected delivery is just a guess at best and the seller has no control over delays. It's worse since Covid-19 went viral.

The problem I see with this is EBAY is the only website that exclusively blames shipping and delivery delays on "The Pandemic" or "Covid-19".  I have ordered items this month on ETSY using regular shipping and the longes transation has been 5 business days (most have been 1-3 business days).

Amazon has been delivering either on time or earlier so far this month.

So this 8-10 day delays are really caused by either eBay or the seller. Not due to the pandemic. Even my local post office has said there will not be a delay of longer than 5 days when using priority mail before the 22nd of this month.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

All of us are trying to help you figure out where the problem lies.  

Can you share an item number where you were not able to buy?

So you can buy from auctions, but not from fixed price listings?

This is very curious.  

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I've been blocked by a seller on here because the seller sold me defective damaged item.

Does that even make any sense to you but who needs me as a customer?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

It is possible that you're being blocked by sellers that do not ship to your country.  Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in some countries, yours included, to place restrictions on both incoming and outgoing shipments.  Whether or not a seller has decided to simply cease shipping to such locations is a matter that only the seller can know.

Alas!  This has been a really tough year so while it is undoubtedly frustrating, I would not deem to demand being able to purchase from sellers that choose not to deal internationally at this time.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@repair1techj wrote:

I've been blocked by a seller on here because the seller sold me defective damaged item.

Does that even make any sense to you but who needs me as a customer?

Actually, it is not uncommon for sellers to deem buyers that they have issues with to be a problem and not worth their continued effort.  Alas!  In the days of local B&M merchants trying to maintain good will among its customers things were different.  However, in today's impersonal online marketing, not so much.  Frankly, your "who needs me as a customer?" is, I'm afraid, very apropos.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

This has been happening long before Covid-19 though.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@meoxcross wrote:

This has been happening long before Covid-19 though.

Unfortunately, the pandemic has been going on since March so I'm not familiar with how long the issues with your country's response to it has been affecting things.  Of course, sellers are free to choose not to sell internationally if they so choose.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply