cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ebay crooked?

I've been skewered yet again. How about you?

The past few years I have contacted Ebay by phone since there's NO RECOURSE to email or chat with a human online. I made my point very clear, SELLERS ARE "BAIT & SWITCH", FALSE ADVERTS of several kinds and supposedly sellers claim the item is located IN THE USA but actually comes from abroad, usually china.

Talking on the phone to an Ebay Rep., I was "ASSURED" they would look into it. PFFFT!, NOT! Sellers continue to do their crooked business(s).

Are there other buyers out there that has been duped?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Is Ebay crooked?

You have latched on to a thread that is several months old.  If you're having a similar issue, why not start your own thread? 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

I not only look at where the item is located, I click on the feedback profile.  I read the feedback left by others and I also see if the seller is located in the US.  If the seller is located in China, I hit the back button.  I shop 100% with US sellers.  That was hard to do when I was looking for a cell phone case, but I found a US seller.  It's a bit of extra work, but it's worth it to me to support fellow US sellers.   

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

Yes, been doing all that and more for 7+ years now.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM AUGUST 2022

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice and information may be out of date and no longer usable.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

I AM TIRED OF FEE'S BEING TAKEN FROM MY ACCT! I AM A  SMALL SELLER!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!OUCH! MEGA MILLION DOLLAR CO, OWNER FLIES TO THE MOON AND THE SELLERS (Worker Bee's) GET CHARGED FEE'S FOR THEIR $10 ITEMS. 

SAD!!!

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

You have tacked your message on to a zombie thread from last August.

You might get more responses if you started your own thread.

When I was selling on eBay, there were several places where fees were explained and discussed.

Have to assume that information is still available to sellers to read BEFORE they begin a selling career here.  

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply