cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've been had- any suggestions?

I purchased a phone refill card on Feb 2nd. 

On Feb 4th, I was notified my package was on the way BUT the tracking number said it was delivered on Tuesday the 4th the following day. I originally shrugged my shoulders and wrote it off to porch pirates, weather or something else and left neutral feedback that it never reached my hands.

Earlier today, I got nosy and pulled up the complete tracking history and...wow...

1. Shipping label created on January 30th.

2. No zip code showing where it was delivered.

3. Driver indicated it was left at 'front desk.' This was coming to my home.

4. Package weight nearly 40 lbs for a phone card.

Is there any way to appeal this? I know having left feedback isn't a deterrent, but I'm not sure if the lack of a zip coke or the other factors allow me to proceed.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just got done speaking with CS and, despite a bit of a wait while they tried to figure out HOW to actually reverse the case (doesn't happen that often, apparently 🙄 ), they really didn't dispute that there was funny business in the tracking provided. Reversal and refund granted. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Definetely a scam all the listings he sold are private.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Contact eBay cs & provide the information that has come to light, & open a item not received request

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You have 30 days from the last date for delivery to Dispute the transaction.

Call USPS (they were the carrier?) and ask about the tracking number. If you can go to your local PO you may get even better service.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ebay's robots just closed my case saying that the tracking shows delivered. 😡 Do I have any chance by calling Ebay CS directly and/or going though Paypal at this point?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kensmith1966614 wrote:

Ebay's robots just closed my case saying that the tracking shows delivered. 😡 Do I have any chance by calling Ebay CS directly and/or going though Paypal at this point?

@kensmith1966614  You can file an appeal on the closed case.  Be sure to include comments indicating that tracking shows it was mailed before your purchase and the weight was 40 lbs for something that should have weighed a few ounces.  Below are the details for filing an appeal.  Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just got done speaking with CS and, despite a bit of a wait while they tried to figure out HOW to actually reverse the case (doesn't happen that often, apparently 🙄 ), they really didn't dispute that there was funny business in the tracking provided. Reversal and refund granted. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Contact eBay cs

& open a item not received request

Sorry @ed8108, please don't give this advice next time: The purpose of fake tracking showing "Delivered" is to win an Item Not Received refund request.

Advising the buyer to start such an INR will immediately cause a close without a refund, and block/remove feedback as the "seller" won the case.

@kensmith1966614 wrote:

Ebay's robots just closed my case saying that the tracking shows delivered. 😡 

Opening an INR at PayPal will have the same result, as tracking shows delivered.

While the buyer can then appeal to reverse the decision, the "selller" still keeps the money, as all appeals are paid by eBay, and ultimately by all of us with the fees that we pay eBay.

So in an appeal, the buyer gets a courtesy refund, and the "seller" gets away.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Since I stated which you failed to include, to contact eBay & provide the information that has come to light,  before a INR request related to the transaction.

EBay is in control & responsible for it's playing field, the application & enforcement or non enforcement of rules & policies, financial resources & based upon ebay's user agreement, easily after receiving the information that the buyer submits decide an INR win for the buyer, & allow the seller with fake tracking the option to plead for the lifting of a possible sanction, file an appeal, secure a courtesy refund, the outcome is totally in ebay's hands

Message 9 of 9
latest reply