cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, Even Swarovski and Barse are Made in China now....

It just really bugs me.  I remember when I would buy Swarovski jewelry and it was mad in AUSTRIA.  I just bought some Swarovski earrings yep - Made In China.  Also Barse was always very nice quality from Thailand - justs bought a bracelet.... Made in China.  I called Swarovski to confirm it wasn't fake - and it is not.  He said the crystals and design, materials etc are all from Austria but they contract out to China and several other countries for assembly.  Ditto Barse.  Anyway, just ranting.  I am done with buying both.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I know here you're coming from. Seems everybody is selling out these days to South Asia. Try buying something American Made. Once American icons, most are now made in China. China is now run by Germany tho most folks have no clue, just like India and N Korea. They are all still out to get us 😄

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I hear you. That is one reason i shop on EBay. I can find the vintage and antique items that are quality. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Quality and class aren't allowed in business anymore. I saw a 'Porsche' SUV a day or two ago.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@dean.s wrote:
Quality and class aren't allowed in business anymore. I saw a 'Porsche' SUV a day or two ago.

they have been out a while. still quality but you need to add the class yourself. cattle/steer horns on the hood and a gun rack in the rear window and your ready for golf and dinner at the country club followed by 4 wheeling and coon hunting after a few martini's.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Bentley also makes an SUV now.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the rant.  People are selling Touchstone Crystal Jewelry by Swarovski all over my neighborhood.  I am a jewelry creator and I assemble and design each one of my pieces, however I might as well quit.  I can't afford to compete with Chinese factories.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply