cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The listing showed free shipping but when seller sent invoice he added $20.00 for the shipping

I just won an auction that was in china. The listing showed free shipping but when seller sent invoice he added $20.00 for the shipping. I have purchased items from the same area in china with free shipping and had no problems. I do not think that he got what he was expecting to get for the item so this is how he will get me to cancel the order which is what I have done. I fully expect him to relist the item after all this **bleep** is over. Is this against Ebay policy by the seller not honoring the shipping cost quoted in the listing? I have messaged the seller about the problem and asked to adjust the invoice to reflect the free shipping with no reply

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The listing showed free shipping but when seller sent invoice he added $20.00 for the shipping

Tell seller, "I expect to receive my item for the stated amount. I will not pay additional undisclosed shipping. Please ship immediately."  Of course, it sounds like the seller is being a jerk.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Tell seller, "I expect to receive my item for the stated amount. I will not pay additional undisclosed shipping. Please ship immediately."  Of course, it sounds like the seller is being a jerk.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Double check on payment check out, this happened a number of times to me early last year. There was a place where China sellers were putting in a shipping price with supposed faster shipping times. I could click again and there was the original free shipping with a longer arrival date.

I haven't had that happen in months, but maybe it's what you are seeing. If it is, your can chose the original free shipping choice.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

this is happening to me from a seller in India. But it never shows the free shipping option at checkout as a commenter below stated.
He is filing unpaid item. I will follow that up with an appeal, so ebay can find out all about him . His whole FB page is full of red negatives for the same reason, and he is trying to say WE are cheating him because the final auction bids were very low.

...and i have tried to report him to customer service. but cust svc in Philippines, is really bad about this, they have no clue, and seem to try to cover for the seller and make excuses! i have tried everything on t he site to report this seller but there is no way to report him for violating ebay rules. So i reported all of it to the BBB and will file at the federal consumer rights page, as this is an unethical FRAUDULENT online seller scammer.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply