cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ordered and never received an item.

Needed a Lego set for my grandson's birthday. I ordered from a seller and it never was taken to the shipper. It just created a shipping label, so ebay says it is shipped, when it most certainly was not. That was the first delay by ebay. Next I could never contact the seller. Asked for a refund. Ebay throws up another delay. While waiting for that to be resolved, ebay kept bugging me to leave feedback, so I finnally did. And the next thing I know ebay declares that since I left feedback, that meant that I recieved the item and they closed the case. Now I have no way to get my money back and the seller doesn't have to make it right. SOOOOO!!!!! Is it ebay or the seller that is pulling off this scam?????????

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@nebraskabridgeinspector 

Leaving feedback should have had no effect on your Refund Request.

You could have had Ebay step in to help you 4 business days after you  filed the Refund Request and before the deadline for doing so.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sounds like the case timed out when you didnt ask Ebay to step in. You would have been refunded instantly when that happens. If you paid with Paypal or your cc, you have six months to file an item not received case with one of them.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Did you actually open an item not received case?

If so, did you or did you not return to the case after 96 hours and ask eBay to step in?

You state that eBay says it was shipped.  Is there tracking proving delivery or not?

eBay does not declare that your having left FB proves you received it.

You missed or misunderstood some information.  

You had 30 days to open that INR case.  Evidently that ship has sailed.

You can ask for a refund through Paypal or do a chargeback on your credit card.

You might want to re-read the MBG to make sure you understand how it works. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@nebraskabridgeinspector,

You bought from a seller who had a (0) rating for selling, because they had not sold anything in over a year. Because of that ebay placed a hold on their first few payments and they probably did not know how to deal with it. They also do that to first time sellers, who often do not know about the hold.  On their account the payment status was marked as Pending, so they did not think it had cleared yet.  If you sent them messages about shipping they may have thought you were trying to scam them some how, and that's why they did not reply.

In the future you need to check the feedback profile of each seller you intend to buy from before making a purchase. You may see a seller has a fair number of feedback and even a 100% rating, but it could all be for buying not selling before or in the past year. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yeah! I went back and ordered from a seller who had a good rating and had sold a lot of items and received the item in 3 days. Still doesn't replace the $142 dollars I spent on the other set.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I tried. But because I left feedback before the item arrived and before ebay could resolve the issue. ebay thought I had received the item and closed my case. No refund No item and no way to communicate with either the seller or ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@nebraskabridgeinspector wrote:

I went back and ordered from a seller who had a good rating and had sold a lot of items and received the item in 3 days.

Still doesn't replace the $142 dollars I spent on the other set. 

It does sound like eBay is complicit, wrongly handling your case. Recover your loss @nebraskabridgeinspector by filing an Item Not Received dispute here, then wait up to 5 days for your refund.

Otherwise, file a Goods Not Received chargeback with your card issuer, to get your refund.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@teth_1615 wrote:

It does sound like eBay is complicit, wrongly handling your case. Recover your loss @nebraskabridgeinspector by filing an Item Not Received dispute here, then wait up to 5 days for your refund.

Otherwise, file a Goods Not Received chargeback with your card issuer, to get your refund.

@teth_1615 

As per the member's original post, their case has been closed.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 9 of 9
latest reply