cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received an eBay Bucks offer in over 2 months. Anyone else?

I usually receive an eBay Bucks offer once a month, but now I haven't received one in over two months. I wondered if eBay is not doing the once-a-month thing anymore, or is it just me?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I've only ever gotten eBay bucks once every quarter (4 times a year).

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I rarely get them, and when I do, they last for all of two days before expiring.

That means I can only use it on Buy-It-Nows that I'm already interested in, as auctions will likely not end during the two day window.

The ebay bucks program went from being great a couple years ago to being almost entirely pointless now since you can't plan purchases around them.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Once a quarter is when they pay out, not when you accumulate the eBay Bucks.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Bucks were discontinued and even though they give them once in a while (5% for purchases in certain categories) they were NEVER stated to be given at any particular interval. 

They were simply random when eBay decided they wanted to give them. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Obviously.

Maybe I should have said "I've only ever gotten eBay bucks (TO SPEND) once every quarter (4 times a year)."

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I still get offers about every month. In fact, just got one a couple days ago, so maybe they don't always go to everyone.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Yes, they're usually toward the end of the month. I'm just wondering why I don't get the offers anymore while other people do.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I get one, maybe two offers a year. It's not automatic that anyone does, and eBay is never going to share their algorithms for determining who does.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@e-arkham wrote:

I rarely get them, and when I do, they last for all of two days before expiring.

That means I can only use it on Buy-It-Nows that I'm already interested in, as auctions will likely not end during the two day window.

The ebay bucks program went from being great a couple years ago to being almost entirely pointless now since you can't plan purchases around them.

With respects, I disagree.

The current system actually works better for me than the old one. In any given quarter I buy $150.00 (or so) in shipping supplies courtesy of my store coupon. (And, yes, you do get eBay bucks when you use the coupon even though you are not actually spending any real money). I also buy a half dozen or so ink cartridges. Between those two it is about $300-$400 each quarter.

Under the old plan I would get about $3.50-$4.00 in eBucks (1%). Now I get about $20.00 courtesy of the 5%.

It is simply a case of not buying any of the above until the email comes in. It does seem to happen about once a month and in comes into eBay messages as well as my personal email page so it is hard to miss.

You just have to learn how to adjust to the constantly changing landscape. Something about the darkness and the candle comes to mind.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, I used to get one every month and would look forward to buying something. A couple of months ago, they stopped sending me the promotion so I go elsewhere for most of my purchases now. I may still buy something inexpensive on here from time to time but I'm basically done with them without the incentives. I can get rewards from online vendors, for the things I like, so I don't need to support eBay since they seem to want to drive buyers away with this decision to end eBay Bucks and offer really crappy promotions.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I think you’re missing the point here which is you can’t earn eBay Bucks if you are no longer receiving an offer to do so.  It would seem nobody is receiving an eBay Bucks offer any longer.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

It would seem nobody is receiving an eBay Bucks offer any longer.

Lots of folks have indicated that they still receive eBay Bucks offers each month, though not every account gets an offer each time, and some other folks are complaining that they never see any offers at all.

eBay does not explain which accounts get offers and which do not.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I haven't had an ebay bucks offer in probably 2 years.  I was wondering why they even have the spot for it on check out.  I assumed everyone got shafted not just volume purchasers and sellers.  I guess they are happy I buy around $20,000 in items and sell around $120,000 a year but don't seem to want to show appreciation for it in any way. 

As it is I try to buy stuff I can get on Amazon on here first because I try to support sellers like myself first, rather than mega corps.  I guess ebay doesn't really care if we were to take the business elsewhere.  With my wife's Amazon account and card she gets 5% back.  We used to , at one point get 1% on everything, then 5% once in a while which I would then make big purchases,  like a set of tracks for my excavator, $2000 or a new Bucket, $1000.  

Maybe they have forgotten there are other places to shop for alot of items listed here and don't think it's necessary to try to swoon customers anymore. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@randyshotrods wrote:

As it is I try to buy stuff I can get on Amazon on here first because I try to support sellers like myself first, rather than mega corps.  I guess ebay doesn't really care if we were to take the business elsewhere.  With my wife's Amazon account and card she gets 5% back.  We used to , at one point get 1% on everything, then 5% once in a while which I would then make big purchases,  like a set of tracks for my excavator, $2000 or a new Bucket, $1000.  

Maybe they have forgotten there are other places to shop for alot of items listed here and don't think it's necessary to try to swoon customers anymore. 

You get nothing back from your wife's Amazon account. Amazon has no rewards program. You do get rewards from your Amazon-branded credit card. But eBay also has a branded credit card that offers rewards. So there really is no difference in how they're trying to "swoon customers".

Message 15 of 19
latest reply