cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got scammed. How to fix this?

- A few days ago I bought a GPU for $440 which is a price too good to be true (MSRP $600).

- Scammer provided a fake Fedex tracking number.

- I received a notification that my package is delivered, but it wasn't sent to my address and I have PROOF.

- I reported to eBay, but they closed my case because Fedex says it was delivered.

- I called Fedex, and they gave me a PDF of the real shipping address where the "package" was delivered. The scammer sent a package to a warehouse a mile from my house.

- I contacted eBay but I can't appeal because they said it was delivered.

Now, here I am. I'm stuck! What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: I got scammed. How to fix this?

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @pragma888 

eBay apparently is not yet equipped to handle the ‘fake tracking number scam’ efficiently.  I would deal directly with the Fraud Department of your credit card company in getting refunded.

Terrible advice, voids eBay protection.   Don't do this yet. 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @pragma888 

eBay apparently is not yet equipped to handle the ‘fake tracking number scam’ efficiently.  I would deal directly with the Fraud Department of your credit card company in getting refunded.

Terrible advice, what eBay protection.   Already lost case and appeal.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

UPDATE:

I was able to reach an incredibly helpful eBay representative at eBayForBusiness on Facebook. There is now a 7-10 day manual review on my case. It gives me hope, because a real person can look at my case and see that the seller shipped it to the wrong address. Fedex can prove it.

I just want to thank everyone for guiding me through this. 👋

I'll keep you all posted on the outcome! Promise!

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@kako_5344 wrote:

@stevescho wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @pragma888 

No, yours was...read pragmas latest post. And consider that you're wrong. You might feel better admitting it.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

@kako_5344 wrote:

@stevescho wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @pragma888 

No, yours was...read pragmas latest post. And consider that you're wrong. You might feel better admitting it.

I didn't provide any advice. Oops.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@pragma888 wrote:

@pragma888 wrote:

@dare-2046 wrote:

@pragma888 wrote:

I'm guessing eBay will tell my credit card provider "Tracking number says delivered. Case closed." and my credit card issuer cancels the chargeback. 

File a dispute here if that's how you paid. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I used a credit card, thankfully. 

UPDATE:

I was able to reach an incredibly helpful eBay representative at eBayForBusiness on Facebook. There is now a 7-10 day manual review on my case. It gives me hope, because a real person can look at my case and see that the seller shipped it to the wrong address. Fedex can prove it.

I just want to thank everyone for guiding me through this. 👋

I'll keep you all posted on the outcome! Promise! 

Hopefully, eBay has not yet released the payout to the scammer/seller, after the INR and its appeal was decided against you.

The rules are -- if eBay made a mistake initially, the seller keeps the payment and eBay refunds your $440 out-of-pocket. But maybe during the manual review eBay can remove the seller, and use that as the reason to claw back the payment.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

GOOD JOB!!! THEY CAN HELP YOU. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply