cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up trying to get help from eBAY overseas customer service

Help....please. I purchased an item on Feb 12, 2024, seller said item shipped Feb 15. Package never arrived, so I reached out to Customer Service and requested a refund. They opened a case and contacted the seller. They advised I would need to wait a few days for reply. Few days later, I called back for an update, seller never replied so they said the would issue a refund. They advised it would take 3-5 days to process. 

On a side note, even after eBay customer service never received a reply from the seller regarding the item I purchased, the tracking information appears fake, the store is new, and only one item was listed at the time;  based on these facts, it's obvious the seller account is a fake. Yes, here we are, over 30 days later and the shop is still open with one item.  Clearly eBay is not interested in protecting buyers and the level of service and response is a strong indicator that you're on your own when it comes to shopping on eBay. 

Anyhow, I wait a week, no refund, I call again, speak to eBay customer service, they apologize and say they will get the refund taken care.  This happens two more time in which I call for a status on the refund and it hasn't been processed but will get it taken care of.  Fast forward, I call last week and they say my claim is denied.  I get on the phone with a supervisor, go round and round and they claim there is no documentation of a refund being processed, yet it sure seemed like she knew what i was talking about.  I ask how is it every time I called  customer service to check on the refund, they knew what I was talking about.  I then learned that all conversations with agents are recorded and they would have to go back and listen to all the calls.  My response, fantastic, you will hear everything we discussed and it will back up what I was told. Naturally, I have not received any communication through out this process and had to call each time.

I just called back today, couldn't get any information and was advised I needed to speak with a supervisor. I said okay and then I was disconnected. I have requested a call back, but can't get anyone who can help me or answer my questions. 

Can anyone put me in contact with a US based person to assist with my claim? Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What was the estimated date of delivery? 
You have 30 days from the estimated date of delivery to open an Item not received case through eBays Money Back Guarantee.

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will say MORE ACTIONS. 

Next click I didn't receive it.

Your seller has 2 days to upload tracking showing delivery or refund, if by day 3 you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and click ASK EBAY To step IN. 
If more than 30 days passed you won't be able to open a case through eBay.

Your next step would be to file a chargeback through PayPal if that's how you paid or call your credit card and file that way.

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You can ask for a refund in 30 days...on "estimated date of delivery one day after.

I think you should have looked at tracking during the 30 day period to get a heads up about "fake" tracking.

eBay customer service allows a buyer to open a claim after 30 days...seller probably said no to that.

Customer service is not always correct in what they say....eBay can't really do anything in a situation like this.

"ebooksdiva'...mentions to do a credit card dispute...which you can do online as a dispute.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@johnsmith-43,

"item shipped Feb 15. "  Package never arrived, so I reached out to Customer Service and requested a refund. They opened a case and contacted the seller. They advised I would need to wait a few days for reply. Few days later, I called back for an update, seller never replied so they said the would issue a refund. They advised it would take 3-5 days to process". 

Did you contact ebay within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date shown in your Order details, to say you hadn't received the item?  If you waited past those 30 days, ebay would not have been able to help you.  You do not need to reach out to ebay's customer service to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute, you do as instructed by ebooksdiva and that opens a dispute. If you do not go back to the dispute within 30 days of filing the dispute is closes for inaction.  Given the time involved, you probably are past the time for ebay to help you now.

If you received a tracking number when the item was marked as shipped, did it get a delivered scan? 

If you looked up a number for ebay's customer service online, you never spoke to a real ebay customer service rep. You have to request call backs to speak to ebay's reps and even then, they may not give you correct information.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for responding.  Order  placed on Feb 12, 2024.  Item showed to have shipped on Feb 15, 2024.  Received a tracking number shortly after, but estimated delivery date never populated on eBay.  Called eBAy on March 15the regarding never receiving the item and requested a refund.  That is when my claim started. Based on everything I read, and understood in speaking with Customer Service, I was to get the refund.  What has changed?  Any suggestions or a how about a phone number or contact of someone who can help versus going through level 1 support trying to get a supervisor.  SMH. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for responding.  Order  placed on Feb 12, 2024.  Item showed to have shipped on Feb 15, 2024.  Received a tracking number shortly after, but estimated delivery date never populated on eBay.  Called eBAy on March 15the regarding never receiving the item and requested a refund.  That is when my claim started. Based on everything I read, and understood in speaking with Customer Service, I was to get the refund.  What has changed?  Any suggestions or a how about a phone number or contact of someone who can help versus going through level 1 support trying to get a supervisor.  SMH. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@johnsmith-43 wrote:

Estimated Delivery Date was shown, on the listing, the moment you purchased. It does NOT have to 'populate' anywhere. You get 30 days from that 'last' estimated day (they show, as example, 'estimated delivery date 4/20 to 4/25)

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What has changed?  Any suggestions or a how about a phone number or contact of someone who can help versus going....

@johnsmith-43 

One of the first things that have "changed" and has me concerned is you keep saying you CALLED EBAY.  I hope you are talking about requesting a call back, because eBay has had no other means of phone support for a long time. Numbers you find on the net are often redirects to scammers, and if you used one of these there is no telling who you were talking with about the issue. 

Secondly, you do not have to contact customer service to file a claim (aka request a refund for item not received).  You do it yourself from your purchase history page in the dropdown menu next to the transaction info.   The order details should show you the estimated delivery date.  Looking again at the listing will NOT show your the estimated delivery, but rather when to expect it if you purchased it right that minute.  

Find the estimated delivery date.  Your time to file with eBay may have passed already while you have been waiting around for someone else to open your case.  You need to return to the case (if there ever was one) after a few days and escalate it (ask eBay to step in and help) in order to get your refund. 

A good way to contact eBay is through one of the social media portals.  This leads to actual eBay employees and they do have the authority to act.  One of them is to use the BLUE MESSAGE BUTTON at the top of this page: 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

If your deadlines have passed, then you will need to proceed to PayPal if you paid that way, or file will your credit card for a refund.  Do not do all these claims at once, one at a time only. 

If, when you find your purchase history, AND there is a tracking that shows DELIVERED, even if you got nothing, come back here before proceeding because you have a whole different problem now. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did you ever actually open a return request to report a problem? ebay does not do phone call customer service. The entire process is linked to the purchase transaction in your purchase history - under more actions. This is also the place to see estimated delivery windows. I would suggest doing so if still able.

Something you have yet to mention: what was the estimated delivery window on the actual listing page at time of purchase? Some sellers have unusual processing & delivery windows.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply