cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

Message 1 of 371
latest reply
370 REPLIES 370

"I think skate was using sarcasm font which is, sadly, invisible."

Ahhhh, thanks. I've been reading through the whole thread (like you) and my brain keeps trying to turn itself off.
Message 226 of 371
latest reply

Just curious but why the need to make it through a thread that you consider a mess when there are many others that may be more to your interest.

And then why the need to call it a mess or put it down in the first place.  Kind of disprespectful to those of us posting on it.

Message 227 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Just curious but why the need to make it through a thread that you consider a mess when there are many others that may be more to your interest.

And then why the need to call it a mess or put it down in the first place.  Kind of disprespectful to those of us posting on it.

If I wrote what you just did, you'd be all over me in a picosecond.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 228 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Hope springs eternal...

Message 229 of 371
latest reply

Don't give them a bad feedback. Perhaps they found the item they sold you to be lost or nonworking, perhaps they dropped it and wanted to make sure you got a working/clean item and dropshipped from Amazon. The seller probably lost money on the deal when they had to use Amazon Prime.
Message 230 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

And sellers are not free to use their personal prime accounts to dropship.

That is what I take issue with.  It is not fair to Prime customers and it muddies the playing field.  But most importantly it is stealing.

No one said they were, Em. What this thread shows, is that the presence of a gift receipt does NOT automatically indicate Prime abuse, contrary to impassioned popular belief around here.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 231 of 371
latest reply

*general reply* 

OK, so if someone is buying something from EBAY why do they need a receipt in the box at all? To make it easier for them to return it to AMAZON? That's ridiculous. If you sell something on eBay and you ship it from Amazon, the return should still go through eBay, IMO. I don't need to deal with Amazon for a return if I didn't choose to deal with them for my purchase. And also, if a person sends me something from Amazon, won't Amazon refund THEM if I returned the product directly through Amazon? And then I might have to wait for the seller to refund me? 

While I don't understand why Amazon puts their prices on the packing slip necessitating a gift receipt for a dropshipped purchase, either way, if something came with an Amazon receipt I would be suspect that that seller abused their prime. I might not neg them, but if it happened a few times I would probably not be buying here anymore, either. I understand a seller can buy their own things directly from Amazon, have them shipped to them and then resell and I would never know. And that's fine. But when they can't even do that, yes, I am going to be suspicious, especially if it's a small seller. 

Message 232 of 371
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

My post wasn't meant for City---I just posted at the end and that was the last post at the time.  Sorry for adding to this mess.

Message 233 of 371
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

That is what I take issue with.  It is not fair to Prime customers and it muddies the playing field.  But most importantly it is stealing.

No one said they were, Em. What this thread shows, is that the presence of a gift receipt does NOT indicate Prime abuse, contrary to impassioned popular belief around here.

City just sent me a neon sign of a post as to the reason why some would put it in the box.  And I find that reason a bit thin.  So I am still looking for a credable reason as to why it was in my box.  It was obvious by the Amazon box and Amazon shipping as to the fact he was a drop shipper and he was making a profit, so he is not fooling me by putting in a gift receipt.  I would have preferred transparency and actually seen the numbers.

Message 234 of 371
latest reply

Replying to myself....

I thought I would take a look at the seller and their feedback. Ended up more confused. They signed up here in April of 2015 from Israel. They say their items are in the US. So I guess they are dropshipping from Israel? They have 3 negs and 2 neuts, but not for this. They also have one more of the item I bought and it's a dollar less....am I tempted YES! But will not buy another. That would be bad on my part if I do not stick to my guns.

The seller has not replied to my message yet. But if they are in Israel and their items are in the US, that says dropshipper. Perhaps I should have noticed, but I don't normally check into sellers that closely. And dropshipping in itself doesn't bother me, it's the Amazon thing that does. I also don't shop at Wal*Mart, for much the same reasons. I prefer small Mom and Pop shops and family owned restaurants...and yes I know that the Walton's own WM, but that's different. Most family owned businesses don't feel the need to try to take over the world.

Excuse me while I kick the soapbox away.....

Thanks to all of you (regardless of yea or nay) who took the time to post a comment here. And Happy New Year and many sales!
Message 235 of 371
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@city*satins wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

My post wasn't meant for City---I just posted at the end and that was the last post at the time.  Sorry for adding to this mess.

Gosh. Don't apologize - I never thought your post was directed particularly at me.  I just thought that if I wrote to you (or anyone) what emerald posted to you, she would be very quick to take exception to that and suggest that I was trying to suppress your right to post and make you feel unwelcome.   That's all.  🙂

Message 236 of 371
latest reply

Does A put the price on the packing slip now?  I don't remember seeing prices, for a while, but I know those little wisps of paper have nothing to do with the transaction; you go to your account to see the details.

Okay, maybe the order number is on the packing slip and you might need that.   But your account shows pictures of everything you bought.

I've dropshipped from A to an ebay buyer on occasion, due to my own screwups (wondering if that will get bleeped).  I always told the buyer what I was doing.  I've also bought from an ebay seller and asked for the widget to be shipped to another address, due to my screwup.  Oddly enough (<---invisible humorous sarcasm font) no ebay seller said, "I have to ship to the address on the purchase."  

I always lost money when I did that; invariably I paid more to the other sellers to get my screwups to the buyer.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 237 of 371
latest reply

**general reply**

Everyone could solve their dropshipping, third party, came from Amazon/Walmart/Home Depot/wherever dilemmas if they would just use Ebay for what it was originally intended:

For people to buy and sell vintage/preowned/used/antique stuff.

New stuff is what ruined Ebay. Because of new stuff, Ebay isn't special anymore.  New, mass produced, mass marketed, dropshipped stuff needs to just go away.

That said, Amazon FBA orders can ship with a gift receipt. Not a problem since FBA fulfills for multiple marketplaces, not just Amazon.  However, Prime users who abuse their Prime accounts send gift receipts, too. The only way you can tell is to call Amazon.

All this dropshipping talk reminds me of one of my last Amazon orders before I banned them from my life...I ordered two Coleman 5 gallon water jugs. I got them quickly, in a plain brown box...with a Home Depot gift receipt inside.   It doesn't just happen here, y'all.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 238 of 371
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

@city*satins wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Gosh. Don't apologize - I never thought your post was directed particularly at me.  I just thought that if I wrote to you (or anyone) what emerald posted to you, she would be very quick to take exception to that and suggest that I was trying to suppress your right to post and make you feel unwelcome.   That's all.  🙂

You are willing to give the seller the benefit of the doubt as to his intentions, but you know mine in advance as to how I would have reacted.  If you say so.

Message 239 of 371
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

No one said they were, Em. What this thread shows, is that the presence of a gift receipt does NOT indicate Prime abuse, contrary to impassioned popular belief around here.

City just sent me a neon sign of a post as to the reason why some would put it in the box.  And I find that reason a bit thin.  So I am still looking for a credable reason as to why it was in my box.  It was obvious by the Amazon box and Amazon shipping as to the fact he was a drop shipper and he was making a profit, so he is not fooling me by putting in a gift receipt.  I would have preferred transparency and actually seen the numbers.

Not liking the answer isn't the same as not having been answered but go with whatever works for you.

The issue, in my view,  was not the fact of dropshipping but the dollar amount. As I said in my original answer, when I compared it to eBay sellers who suppress the printing of the postage on their eBay USPS labels - what sellers wish to avoid is a buyer who thinks that any difference between what they paid and what the $ amount shows on the label or enclosure, is somehow owed to them by the seller.

You are always encouraged to go back and read my entire original answer to castle's question.

Message 240 of 371
latest reply