cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report a very mean, disrespectful and inappropriate eBay customer representative?

Today I had a customer service representative like never before from any company or etc.  

She jumped talking to me like those new young celebrities' accent with a very good English, I will not deny that,  and telling me things I never expected from a representative. 

I'm a person who respects a lot to others, all of us are customers, we don't like a bad customer service, right? She has won an award for being the most disrespectful c. s. representatives. 

Everything started it because semmed like I new more than her or because I mentioned something about to suggest and have eBay giving us more options about when you open a retur request or to retarct a bid, and I even say, maybe it shoukd be an easy option like OTHER, because in reality, the options I have seen, don't match with the issue I have. 

She yelled at me, she even said that I was taking her talking personal because I wasn't getting anything I wanted from her, I told her to stop talking in that disrespectful way, and she didn't, she continue, I asked her for a better solution, to transfer my phone call to her supervisor, manager or to another country like the United States or some other one, when supposedly they can't do that, when I'm surprised because other institutions or companies have that access. She pretended in my opinion, that she looked for her supervisor, and told me that he wasn't there, and after that, she continued yelling at me! 

Respect above all! 

Not matter who you are, who I am, we all deserve respect. 

She didn't care and I had to hang up on her telling her to please to stop and that was enough, and I say have a nice evening. 

I will appreciate if somebody knows where to report issues like this. 

We don't need a bad time with anger, sadness or frustration from somebody whom we don't even know, from somebody who made a commitment and compromised to work in a very important department in a company, so I think if eBay records the phone calls, they should really step on them and listen. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to report a very mean, disrespectful and inappropriate eBay customer representative?

I have no comment on your rant.

However I will ask again as you seem to want to post several threads...

Why do you need to contact eBay about returns?...the process is automated.

Why do you need to contact eBay about bid retractions?

Why have you retracted an extradordinary amount of bids in such a short period of joining eBay?

You may find yourself added to the special lists of a number of sellers.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: How to report a very mean, disrespectful and inappropriate eBay customer representative?

Nineteen bid retractions over the last 12 months! That's quite a bit. There's a REASON why you only have limited choices on retractions. There's no need to add another. Seems like you really need to wait before bidding to make sure you want the item.

I also see you've had issues with a couple of sellers. Interesting.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/What-you-can-do-when-a-seller-sends-you-improp...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Welcome the wonderful wacky world of eBay customer service. There really is no one to report anyone to.

Your best bet is to no longer contact them and handle any issues, such as returns or SNAD"s  through the site.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I agree 100%.   If you were able to navigate the phone tree forest well enough to speak to a human, you should get a medal for that alone.  CS on this site seems to have left the building.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Customer service is not there to take suggestions for policy changes. They are at the bottom of the food chain. You might have been the 100th person in a row with a frivolous call. I could never do that job...lol.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Will with bid retractions there is only three reasons because those are the only three reasons you're allowed to retract a bid.  If you are retracting for any other reason you are violating eBay policy.  

With th returns you choose what closely resembles your reason   They can't possibly cover every reason a buyer can have for a return 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Most buyers rarely need a return or to retract a bid.

If you are having issues over this, you may want to evaluate what you are doing pre purchase and pre bidding.

Many people have been on ebay for over a decade (10 years) without having to retract a bid.

Returns can happen, sometimes that is out of your control, but if there are a lot, it could be that the description is not being read, or the pictures studied.  Or you are not asking questions that should have been asked.

i will agree there are not many reasons to retract a bid; however, that is because bid retractions are supposed to be rare, thus not really used.  So there is no reason to have a lot of reasons to choose.

EBay puts verbage that states every time you bid or confirm a bid that you are entering into a legal contract to purchase the item if you win.  So it is best to be sure before you bid or buy that this is what you want to do.  That is why that verbage is there. 

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Actually excessive bid retractions may be considered a violation.

If a seller sees excessive bid retractions, you may find yourself being blocked for bidding or buying in the future.

You are making a commitment when you bid or buy to honor your bid.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I just got off the phone and was really disappointed in the service I received. The girl obviously wasn't listening, then gave me wrong information and then said good bye in the middle of me talking.

Problem i had was how to ship Fedex. I had two shipments to ship out and i needed to ship by Fedex SmartPost. I selected both and pressed the print label button at the bottom and it only gave me USPS options. the girl on the phone told me i couldn't do it on Ebay and i had to go to the post office and pay for Fedex labels there if i wanted to ship Fedex. After she hung up on me, i tried printing labels individually and voila, i had the fedex option there.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Reading about how many sellers argue with CS reps and won't listen because they don't agree with the way Ebay operates, I would have just hung up. I feel sorry for those folks.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Reading about how many sellers argue with CS reps and won't listen because they don't agree with the way Ebay operates, I would have just hung up. I feel sorry for those folks.

I have to disagree with you here- I've had some very awful, horrible, terrible interactions with eBay customer (dis) service. Both as a buyer and a seller.

While I understand their working conditions and the stress that upper management puts on them is bad- there really is no excuse for what I've dealt with.

But you are right that Customer Service is not the place to argue about eBay policies.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 12 of 12
latest reply