cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Best Offer to the cart?

I haven't done it yet, but I'm considering making a Best offer on an item. However, I also want to add it to the cart to pay for it and other things at the same time under PayPal Credit. On this forum, I've found two conflicting threads/answers. One says that once the best offer has been accepted it can't be added to the cart, can only be paid independently. The other said emphatically NOT to add the item to your cart UNTIL the best offer is accepted, lest you be locked into the Buy It Now price. Any insights on this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to add a Best Offer to the cart?

Okay, I just found the answer by experience:

I had the item in my cart, but I also made a Best Offer. When it was accepted, the cart price adjusted accordingly and says 'committed, awaiting payment'. So putting in your cart first definitely works! 👍 Thanks.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@varietyfilms wrote:

The other said emphatically NOT to add the item to your cart UNTIL the best offer is accepted, lest you be locked into the Buy It Now price. Any insights on this? Thanks.

Unless something has changed in the past couple of months, this ^^^ is the way to do it.

Wait until your offer is accepted. The item will then be in your cart.

Now...will it combine with the others? I don't know. The cart can be...problematic at times.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that a user in another thread said there was no add to cart option at that point, only Pay Now. If that's the case, I don't want to be locked into paying for it right now.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

My understanding is that if the Best Offer is accepted it will be added to your Cart automatically.   

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@varietyfilms wrote:

. . . I don't want to be locked into paying for it right now.

How long were you planning on waiting to pay for it?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@varietyfilms wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is that a user in another thread said there was no add to cart option at that point, only Pay Now. If that's the case, I don't want to be locked into paying for it right now.

Putting something into your cart doesn’t lock you into paying for it. It doesn’t even reserve the item for you—the listing stays active and anyone can swoop in and buy it.

is this is a multi-quantity listing? More than 1 available for purchase? If so, you really don’t want to add it to your cart. The price won’t update to the accepted offer amount when you go to pay. and if you commmit to buy, you’ll be on the hook for 2 items instead of 1.

the cart doesn’t work right. I have had offers and auction wins automatically go into my cart, and I’ve also had them not go into the cart. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

"How long were you planning on waiting to pay for it?"

I wasn't going to wait, just wanted to use PalpPal Credit with 6 months no interest. And it is a single item, not one there is multiple of.

P.S. Now here's what I'm talking about as far as different answers:

"My understanding is that if the Best Offer is accepted it will be added to your Cart automatically."

follwed by:  

"you really don’t want to add it to your cart. The price won’t update to the accepted offer amount when you go to pay"

So maybe I should take that as my cue to not even mess with it lol

Too bad though.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@varietyfilms wrote:

"My understanding is that if the Best Offer is accepted it will be added to your Cart automatically."

follwed by:  

"you really don’t want to add it to your cart. The price won’t update to the accepted offer amount when you go to pay"

There's nothing contradictory in those answers. The second response warned against MANUALLY adding it to your cart.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Oooh ok, I thought it meant the new price would be added, not the product itself. Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Okay, I just found the answer by experience:

I had the item in my cart, but I also made a Best Offer. When it was accepted, the cart price adjusted accordingly and says 'committed, awaiting payment'. So putting in your cart first definitely works! 👍 Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply