cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! I can't believe eBay allows this & there is NOTHING I can do

Here is an interesting and super frustrating encounter of negative feedback, the balance of eBay, and why it seems anyone can be taken advantage of -- Thank you for reading if you do 🙂

I've been buying and selling on eBay for a little over two years. I've done all I could to provide all my buyers with quality service and respect.

Even having done all that,  recently I had a "guest buyer (0 feedback)" who bought one item, received it, then 5 days later left me negative feedback without contacting me once. (They claimed the box the item was in should have been in better condition). I tried many times to contact them and offer a replacement/ refund, but they have not responded, nor do I expect them to. 

This leads To my buying issue at Hand;;

I have ordered the Harry Potter 4K 8 Film Collection on eBay (Placed the order last Tuesday) The person I bought it from had just listed the item that same evening (I assume from the Amazon Prime day sale) for a rather discounted price. The listing showed 2 days handling time, with Delivery by July 23. 

As the days passed, no shipping. I waited to see if the seller would contact me; they did not.

Sunday The 22nd (Sunday before last scheduled delivery day) the seller printed a shipping label (perhaps so I did not open a case). I have been checking the tracking since it was printed. The seller simply printed a shipping label but the item still has not technically left his possession (if he has it)

I don't want to make conclusions, but I believe the seller listed the item before having it himself. Furthermore, the Harry Potter 4k 8 Film Collection (if seller bought on Amazon Prime to resell) was/is back-ordered for 4-6 weeks.

I don't want to be a detective and say that's what I believe happened, but that's what I believe happened. 

Today I attempted to open my case to claim my refund, and the seller responded with the same tracking that he printed the day before DELIVERY was DUE, but no more info or answers.

I felt like it was my right to leave negative feedback, but upon trying to do so, I was told this is one of the sellers who you must wait to leave negative feedback for? This seller has sold 5 things in the last month, possibly 50 items since the beginning of 2018.... and I can't leave him negative feedback? 

For reference - Up until the 1 negative I received this month, I had 550 feedbacks (almost all as a seller), about 30-40 positive feedback / sales per month for two years, yet someone could leave me negative feedback without contacting me or being red flagged like I was? It just doesn't seem balanced.

I attempted to report the seller. Instead I was taken to a page and told I needed to call eBay to report a seller. This is new to me?

So I followed up by then trying to report the item instead, but I saw there is no way to report your item with a personal written description,  and all I have are drop-down options which don't fit the situation. 

I'm confused and frustrated that the good people on eBay get taken advantage of, and the bad people seem to get all the breaks.

Any helps or words of wisdom on what I should do next would be greatly appreciated. I don't exactly want to call eBay and explain this, but I will if I must. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is no need to contact eBay to report the seller, there’s nothing to report them for. You filed an INR. 

The only reason you would have to wait to leave feedback is if the seller is a powerseller-and in that case you should be able to leave feedback in a few hours since it’s a 7 day waiting period. For now you just have to be patient and let the process play out. You can ask eBay to step in, in 3 business days. If the tracking shows no acceptance/no movement you’ll get a refund. If it shows movement they might put the case on hold.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Why are you so impatient?  Why not just wait until it shows up and then enjoy it? 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's not a good idea for health reasons to overreact to every issue.

It could be that leaving a feeback neg has beome so important to possibly avenge your having received a unjustified neg ?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That is one of the reasons sellers lost the ability to leave negative feedback.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply