cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to actually file an appeal as a buyer?

I bought an item and was provided a false tracking number that shows a delivery. I filed a case and eBay automatically closed it because the tracking number said it was delivered. I never received the item and UPS tracking claim form revealed it was sent to a different name and number. This case smells like fraud due to the no response from seller, and the recent 1 month feedback from multiple other buyers.

Anyway, eBay just provides a link to an unhelpful article that says I CAN file an appeal, but it does not provide a way to actually file the appeal. Does anyone know how to actually appeal a case? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to actually file an appeal as a buyer?

@portofmultiverse wrote:

I never received the item and UPS tracking claim form revealed it was sent to a different name and number.

Forget about the address @portofmultiverse just find the weight in "Shipment Details" on that tracking number at the UPS website. Then go back and talk to the right people at eBay to get your refund in one step.

lac358232_0-1628548418283.jpeg

Leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on, and tell eBay you have a weight problem, to get your refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@portofmultiverse wrote:

I never received the item and UPS tracking claim form revealed it was sent to a different name and number.

Forget about the address @portofmultiverse just find the weight in "Shipment Details" on that tracking number at the UPS website. Then go back and talk to the right people at eBay to get your refund in one step.

lac358232_0-1628548418283.jpeg

Leave a private message for eBay on Facebook here with your name and so on, and tell eBay you have a weight problem, to get your refund.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, I will try the social media route. It is unfortunate that there is no way to work directly with eBay to resolve my issues as a customer who got scammed. After 18 years of buying and selling on eBay I may have to quit. eBay buyer protection is a fraudulent claim itself...

Any other ideas to get through to a human?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@portofmultiverse What @lac358232 suggested about social media is best

You can contact eBay directly via social media with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR

https://Twitter.com/askebay

Ebay customer service is superior on those sites.

AND-OR

click on the 'help & contact’ button located at the top and bottom of ebay pages to chat or receive a call back.

depending on how busy they are will depend on length of time for your call back.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@portofmultiverse,

In order to win an appeal you need to get info proving the item was not sent to your address.  To do that by filing an appeal or on social media you have to;

Go to your  local Post Office, UPS or FedEx store and bring proof of you being the recipient, eBay Order Details and Purchase History pages w/ the tracking number on it.   If you used a phone/tablet etc. for the purchase bring that, or print copies of those pages if you used a computer.

At the store ask the clerk to compare the shipping label info address, package type/size/weight to the Order details info. They cannot give out specific information, but they can write a note on company stationary  saying things like; the shipping label's address does not match yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight. doesn't match what you should have received. 

The note needs to be signed and dated by the clerk and give the store#.

With that info you can file an appeal. When you do there will be a place to upload documentation, a clear photo or scan of the note.  Appeals are looked at by real people and the info you provide will cause you to win.

The link below tells you how to file an appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all for your suggestions. I went the social media route as suggested by you all and they rectified the situation later that evening. I left a message on their facebook page, and also sent a direct message to their facebook messenger chat with details on my name and case issues. It took a few hours but they reviewed my issues with the shipping weight and recipient names being different from my order and they were able to directly change the outcome of my case and provide a refund same day. I wish the website was more clear on this process, but once I reached out via facebook and laid out my case they were able to rectify the situation without any back and forth. Good luck to the others dealing with this.

Thanks again eBay community!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Same problem here. If the item is cheap, just forget it, it is not worth to spend time and energy to do so.  Ebay not same as amazon.  I can write a sworn affidavit to prove I have not received item then get refund. Ebay doesn't care if my item tracking show the delivery is exception, office closed, delivered, ebay still denied my request and cannot talk to ebay directly. My office closed, how can Fedex delivered? My opinion is if the item under $100, don't waste time. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay doesn't care if my item tracking show the delivery is exception, office closed, delivered, ebay still denied my request and cannot talk to ebay directly.

@ahalamc 

Actually, this thread is from last month.  There have been a few changes.  You can now see (available online to anyone, even eBay)  the exact details of most carriers (other than USPS).  Included is date/place of origin, dimensions/weight, and THE STREET ADDRESS OF WHERE THE PARCEL WAS DELIVERED (or if it is in transit, where it will be delivered) . 

The need for getting 'written verification' from UPS, FedEx, etc. is not as necessary. 

https://www.ship24.com/

Message 8 of 8
latest reply