cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I have to wait for a seller to reply to my request to pick up my item?

I bought and paid for a plate, and sent the seller a message requesting details so that I can pick up my order.  The seller has not replied to my messages.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long do I have to wait for a seller to reply to my request to pick up my item?

@helenmyers4ever,

How long ago did you pay? Did your seller have Local Pickup as a shipping option on the listing page, and did you select it when you checked out?  Not all sellers check their ebay messages daily like they should. If local pickup was not an option, you should have messaged the seller before buying the item and asked them if they would agree to doing that.  There is no set time frame for a local pickup purchase to be completed, so give your seller a couple more days to reply.

Have you checked your seller's feedback profile page?  If not then open the listing from your purchase history. Scroll down the page until you see the seller's username in a large font. Below it will be a couple of feedback comments then an oval with See all feedback written in it.  Click on that button to be taken to the seller's profile page. On that page click on the As a seller tab to see if they have ever sold anything before or have no selling feedback for over a year.

If your seller has no feedback for selling or has received none in over a year, they may have run into the 21 day hold ebay places on all new/returning sellers first few payments. On their account your payment status is marked as Pending, so they do not think your payment has cleared yet, and your message is an attempt to scam them some how and that is why they have not replied.

If you find that your seller is a new or returning one, try messaging them again. Tell them to do an online search for "Payments on hold - ebay". If they do that they will get the info they need to complete the transaction.  You may want to tell them to do a search for "Offering local pickup - ebay". So they know how it works.   If your seller is inexperienced they may have tried to send you an email address or phone number, but saw a warning about not doing that. If they had local pickup as an option they can send the info despite the warning, so you may want to tell them that as well in your message.

Since you are not a very experienced ebay member I suggest that you read the info in the link below on how local pickup works for buyers.

https://www.ebay.com/help/ship-track/ship-track-buying/local-pick?id=4056

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How long do I have to wait for a seller to reply to my request to pick up my item?

Did you choose the option of Local Pick Up? What day was it that you purchased the Item? If it's been more than a day, I would request to cancel the order. That might get the Sellers attention. If not then you'd need to go through eBay the cancel the order and get a refund. That's all I've got. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'd give it a week and if the seller does not respond, file a non-receipt claim:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mylittledotofthabay wrote:

Did you choose the option of Local Pick Up? What day was it that you purchased the Item? If it's been more than a day, I would request to cancel the order. That might get the Sellers attention. If not then you'd need to go through eBay the cancel the order and get a refund. That's all I've got. 

There is no option to go through eBay to cancel an order. Cancellations are always at the seller's discretion. The option available is to open an item not received case under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@helenmyers4ever,

How long ago did you pay? Did your seller have Local Pickup as a shipping option on the listing page, and did you select it when you checked out?  Not all sellers check their ebay messages daily like they should. If local pickup was not an option, you should have messaged the seller before buying the item and asked them if they would agree to doing that.  There is no set time frame for a local pickup purchase to be completed, so give your seller a couple more days to reply.

Have you checked your seller's feedback profile page?  If not then open the listing from your purchase history. Scroll down the page until you see the seller's username in a large font. Below it will be a couple of feedback comments then an oval with See all feedback written in it.  Click on that button to be taken to the seller's profile page. On that page click on the As a seller tab to see if they have ever sold anything before or have no selling feedback for over a year.

If your seller has no feedback for selling or has received none in over a year, they may have run into the 21 day hold ebay places on all new/returning sellers first few payments. On their account your payment status is marked as Pending, so they do not think your payment has cleared yet, and your message is an attempt to scam them some how and that is why they have not replied.

If you find that your seller is a new or returning one, try messaging them again. Tell them to do an online search for "Payments on hold - ebay". If they do that they will get the info they need to complete the transaction.  You may want to tell them to do a search for "Offering local pickup - ebay". So they know how it works.   If your seller is inexperienced they may have tried to send you an email address or phone number, but saw a warning about not doing that. If they had local pickup as an option they can send the info despite the warning, so you may want to tell them that as well in your message.

Since you are not a very experienced ebay member I suggest that you read the info in the link below on how local pickup works for buyers.

https://www.ebay.com/help/ship-track/ship-track-buying/local-pick?id=4056

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your very extensive reply.  I pre-checked that I want to pick up the item.  I'm being impatient, and the seller probably is not checking emails promptly.  Thank you again fro taking the time to answer my question!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply