cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you talk to a live eBay rep

WOW- I tried all the phone numbers, and this one contact#, (866) 206-9555...I called, and the rep answered in about 20 seconds, (I called at 6AM PST time-California, USA)...He told me to go online for help, >>>then hung up the phone on me, without saying goodbye the phone call ended in about 10 seconds. I have a Canadian Seller, that has not shipped an item twice now- on two different orders. They keep messaging me that Covid19 is causing over a month for delivery- although the first order, 4 months ago, never arrived. I get all my other eBay purchase orders , without any problems from other sellers- I think this one Canadian Seller, never ships the items, plus- they have bad feedback left from other buyers, stating the fact of never received items. I want to tell eBay- I have not received a REFUND yet- the item-not delivered,  value I paid, is about 10 dollars. Is there a contact number for eBay? anymore?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I forgot to add, the Item was said to be shipped in a small letter flat thin envelope, with stamp (first class rate)

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This is what you will be told when/if you can get someone on the phone: Ebay has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Open a refund for 'item not received' and follow the prompts, dates given etc. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You have thirty days from the estimated delivery date to file an item not received claim. If it's past the thirty days, you'll have to go to Paypal or your card, however you paid.  No phone calls necessary.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'll add do not keep buying from sellers you have a bad transaction with.  It sounds like it's not working out well. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Gee, no more , I just bought from Etsy (again)- I had 3 messages sent to me from the eBay Canadian Seller........very wordy- Weird long Replies.... - after they refunded me the under 10 dollar amount- (9.10)...a BAD experience...all around.  wow- a SCARY SELLER !

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@fiftee5chevee,

"I have a Canadian Seller, that has not shipped an item twice now- on two different orders. They keep messaging me that Covid19 is causing over a month for delivery- although the first order, 4 months ago, never arrived".

Did you check the seller's feedback profile page before buying from them? You have been a member long enough to know to do that, and to know the terms of ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG).  There are many sellers who have registered in the U.S. and Canada who are actually located in China or drop ship from there.  While there are international shipping/customs delays due to Covid, items actually coming from Canada, have not been delayed anywhere near that long.

When the seller kept asking you to be patient because of Covid you still should have filed an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

My `55 is a Nomad

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

his phone # is no longer is in svs.....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply