cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report price gouging?

How do I report hand sanitizer being sold for insane prices? 

Message 1 of 304
latest reply
303 REPLIES 303

You and Your kind of Thinker's are the problem... it's all good don't worry about it ... !!! Ebay better wake up Shipping prices are crazy and now this is ok?? It's Not.
Message 31 of 304
latest reply

In Florida they have a hot line set up for price gougher's.

Message 32 of 304
latest reply

Florida Price Goughing hotline is 1-866-966-7226. This is the Florida State Attorney's Office, REPORT< REPORT< REPORT!!!

Message 33 of 304
latest reply

You must be one of the price gougers.

Message 34 of 304
latest reply

Not true.... selling anything about 10% retail price is illegal when it’s things like tp, sanitizer etc and they are necessary
Message 35 of 304
latest reply

They shouldn’t allow posts to begin with
Message 36 of 304
latest reply

None of its right......
Message 37 of 304
latest reply

Wrong answer idiot. You must be one of the liters !

Message 38 of 304
latest reply

Well, obviously something can be done because ebay is taking them down !

Message 39 of 304
latest reply

Correct answer. Thank You.
Message 40 of 304
latest reply

State if emergency or not, ebay has the right to ban any item they want from being sold on their site. Those on the banned list are being removed and sellers risk sanctions.

In the meantime, buyers shouldn't be stupid enough to purchase them. I feel some items being bid up to insane prices are simply buyers jerking the seller's chain. They likely have no intent of paying! OR they may pay, receive the item, file SNAD, return something else (as they keep the item) and still get their money back. The sellers will only have themselves to blame!
Message 41 of 304
latest reply

Every eBay listing includes a "report this item" option.

Message 42 of 304
latest reply

To the people arguing about "free market, your problem"

I understand in the case of luxury items, but this shouldn't happen for essential items.

By letting the market run it's course, we are allowing people to hoard essential items such as toilet paper and making the average Joe pay for it. 

Profit will be used to buy more toilet paper, essentially creating a monopoly on this commodity by a group of middle-men who don't add value.

Message 43 of 304
latest reply

Not when it's a state of emergency.

Message 44 of 304
latest reply

It's outrageous that we are allowing resale of an item as basic as toilet paper on eBay for upwards of 500%.

It's even illegal in some states to be doing this when in a state of emergency.

By allowing this, basically we have groups of people buying up all the toilet paper which causes scarcity. I'm not talking about Joe or Mary who is buying a few packs for their family. I'm talking about the guys buying up ALL the inventory in their local neighborhood to monopolize the commodity, and then setting the price online through eBay/Amazon (source:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html)

I created a petition to bring forward to eBay to help prevent price gouging of toilet paper.

https://www.change.org/p/ebay-prohibit-price-gouging-of-toilet-paper-on-ebay/dashboard

Message 45 of 304
latest reply