cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from seller

Ordered & paid for item on 10/15.

ETA 10/20... though I don’t bank on that, so I wait for a few days.

I’ve sent two messages to the seller (who has + feedback), politely asking if they were no longer interested in selling the hat. They were selling for about 1/3 retail price, so I fear they learned they may have made a mistake. Either way, this is an assumption.

I opened a request through eBay w/ a third message, and they say they can step in on 10/27. I know I’ll get my money back, but I want the hat (i know it’s eBay and if you want it straight buy retail). Say for example the seller has been active on eBay at any point during this transaction, would there be any legitimate justice outside of giving me MY money back?(that’s not justice). Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No response from seller

If he relists the item and you buy it again, then it may be OK. If he asks you to 'process this payment again' in any other way, then it's probably a scam.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

No response from seller

The only justice here is getting your money back and leaving the seller appropriate feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

@evanugen-0 wrote:

Ordered & paid for item on 10/15.

ETA 10/20... though I don’t bank on that, so I wait for a few days.

I’ve sent two messages to the seller (who has + feedback), politely asking if they were no longer interested in selling the hat. They were selling for about 1/3 retail price, so I fear they learned they may have made a mistake. Either way, this is an assumption.

I opened a request through eBay w/ a third message, and they say they can step in on 10/27. I know I’ll get my money back, but I want the hat (i know it’s eBay and if you want it straight buy retail). Say for example the seller has been active on eBay at any point during this transaction, would there be any legitimate justice outside of giving me MY money back?(that’s not justice). Thank you in advance

I don't know why it matters whether the seller has been active or not? I suggest you take the refund if it comes to that. Leave appropriate feedback if you want to and move on. I personally would not leave negative feedback without knowing the circumstances as to why no communication and no apparent shipping of the item. Things happen and there could be a bazillion reasons for it going this way. Especially since up until now, the seller has pretty good ratings. Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe you will end up with the hat after all. I hope it works out in your favor.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

@evanugen-0,

"I’ve sent two messages to the seller (who has + feedback), politely asking if they were no longer interested in selling the hat".

Most sellers have "+ feedback" or they wouldn't be sellers.  Do not go by feedback percentage alone, what you have to do is open their feedback profile page by clicking on the number of feedback they have. Look to see where they are registered, then click on the As A Seller tab to see how many sales they've made. If they have negatives click on the numbers of negs they have received to read only those comments.  You should do that before buying from any seller.

"They were selling for about 1/3 retail price, so I fear they learned they may have made a mistake".

The seller may have made a mistake or this could be a scam, If their feedback shows they haven't sold before or not in over a year, not only are they inexperienced, but they may have run into PayPal's 21 day payment hold and do not know how to deal with it.

If this is a scam, as the 1/3 retail price might indicate. Their feedback profile will have indications of a hijacked account.

All feedback but 1 or 2 is over a year old.

The most recent one(s)(before this sale) will be for a purchase in the last 6 months or year.

They may have very few or no selling feedback, and all are over a year old.

Usually they are selling something popular at a very low price.

If the profile shows the person has been steadily buying currently, and this is their first sale, or first in over a year.  They've probably run into the Payment hold. This happens to new and returning sellers all of the time, especially if they are active buyers. They think because their PayPal account is verified there will not be a hold.  On their account they will see the payment marked as Pending, and think they have to wait before shipping. Some might take your messages as coming from a scammer.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

They have plenty of sales/purchases within the last 90 days all with positive feedback. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

I have been patient and waited so long to file a request since they have been recently active. I figured they may have been on vacation but at the same time if I am selling something, I’m probably aware of it and will either remove the listing or be able to take care of the customer. Neither of which were done. I’m just seeing if there has ever been a different outcome besides a refund and therefore having to leave negative feedback. Clearly there is not an alternative.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

@evanugen-0,

"I have been patient and waited so long to file a request since they have been recently active".

If the dates you gave are correct you have not waited too long to file an item not received (INR) dispute. You have up to 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to do that. Since you opened a request and can ask ebay to step in today, do that. 

I understand you would like to get the hat, but if the seller is not responding because they mistakenly listed it for too low of a price, there is no way you or ebay can force them to ship it to you.  If ebay has to step in and issue a refund, the seller will get a defect, and you can leave appropriate feedback.  

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

@evanugen-0 wrote:

They have plenty of sales/purchases within the last 90 days all with positive feedback. 

That doesn’t mean the account wasn’t hacked. Active selling accounts get hacked all the time. It’s not always dormant account that get hacked 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

evanugen - just curious, but what would you think eBay could do?  Should do?  To give you "justice" in this situation.  You will get your money back so you aren't losing out financially.  So how would you expect eBay to behave?

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

My case was disputed today and I received the refund, as expected. Within 10 minutes of this notification I receive a message from the seller saying, “omg! I haven't checked my account lately. so sorry. if you can process this payment again I promise I will ship your hat. again sorry for all of this...mike.” I messaged back right away and haven’t heard from him since. Sound like a scam or?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No response from seller

If he relists the item and you buy it again, then it may be OK. If he asks you to 'process this payment again' in any other way, then it's probably a scam.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply